Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

37 minutes ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Hey guys. Does anyone have experience of the spa set up on Regent Seven Seas Mariner?

Im considering this for a "Special Birthday" treat.

I know its a small and upmarket ship and wondering if they have separate mens and women's steam room and sauna. 

Any information would be gratefully received.

Just sailed on Splendor and both men and womens steam and saunas, and gym open (and relatively uncrowded.  While in European waters every other machine labeled off limits, then opened in US/intl waters.

5 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Just sailed on Splendor and both men and womens steam and saunas, and gym open (and relatively uncrowded.  While in European waters every other machine labeled off limits, then opened in US/intl waters.

Thanks Steve. I think the Splendor and the mariner are a similar size ship.Are the sauna and steam room a decent size?

We were on Navigator on a circumnavigation of Australia just before lock down and have to say the steam room was a joke. 2 person max and the sauna not a lot bigger, possibly 6 man at a push.

We tend to take longer cruises and I like to enjoy the spa time. 

19 hours ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Thanks Steve. I think the Splendor and the mariner are a similar size ship.Are the sauna and steam room a decent size?

We were on Navigator on a circumnavigation of Australia just before lock down and have to say the steam room was a joke. 2 person max and the sauna not a lot bigger, possibly 6 man at a push.

We tend to take longer cruises and I like to enjoy the spa 

Might google search for photos. Seemed quite big to me for being onboard a ship.  

Any word on the Bliss steam rooms? Are they segregated for males and females?

When I was on the CxC Infinity, I did feel a bit uncomfortable being in the sauna with women.

Being from Los Angeles, some type of women just wait for an excuse and opportunity to cause trouble. (Nothing happened on that cruise, thankfully.)

Most times the "Persian garden" was fairly empty. But the ship did have a steam room for men in the locker area, with a cool window looking out at the sea.

Edited by SireDoime
addendum

4 hours ago, Theboyintheair said:

Any one travel on Celebrity Millennium? Going on a Xmas Cruise and would love to learn more about any Sauna or Steamroom, Nice little get away from the family. 

Thank you

Way back on pg 31, post 764 I downloaded some pictures of the refurbshed Millennium men's sauna area. Also post 768 relates his experience. At least there is a men's only sauna!

On 12/12/2021 at 12:24 PM, twodjs said:

Way back on pg 31, post 764 I downloaded some pictures of the refurbshed Millennium men's sauna area. Also post 768 relates his experience. At least there is a men's only sauna!

Thank you so much! That will have todo, I do enjoy a steam room tho! 

On 12/8/2021 at 12:48 PM, Birmingham Cruisers said:

We tend to take longer cruises and I like to enjoy the spa time. 

Splendor and Mariner are two different classes of ship, and the steam room and sauna on Mariner are, I believe, somewhat bigger than those on Splendor. It's quite a different layout in the locker area.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

On 5/18/2021 at 5:26 PM, twodjs said:

Back to reality. I chated with Virgin. The Redemption Spa is entirely co-ed. Some nice options with a mud room, salt room, steam and sauna, heated marble slabs, multiple small pools of various temps, etc. The individual showers in the changing area are roomy, but no single-sex sauna or steam. Darn!

Hi guys,

Having just gotten off the Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady ship from Miami over a week ago, I can attest to a pretty lame Thermal Spa set-up on the ship. Yes, it's all co-ed and bathing suits are required. Most of the facilities are an open-concept with glass doors. Worse still is it's $39 per 3 hours slot that you have to reserve. So every 3-hours is a fresh batch of co-ed spa goers but when I visited, it wasn't busy at all - no more than 5 people in there. The good news is no social distancing nor masks are required.

I'll chime in later with the thermal spa experience on the NCL Epic Trans-Atlantic cruise I took just prior to this Virgin cruise.

Cheers,

Jerry

PXL_20211206_220724697.jpg

PXL_20211206_220743596.jpg

PXL_20211206_220750415.jpg

22 hours ago, deepbluediver said:

Hi guys,

Having just gotten off the Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady ship from Miami over a week ago, I can attest to a pretty lame Thermal Spa set-up on the ship. Yes, it's all co-ed and bathing suits are required. Most of the facilities are an open-concept with glass doors. Worse still is it's $39 per 3 hours slot that you have to reserve. So every 3-hours is a fresh batch of co-ed spa goers but when I visited, it wasn't busy at all - no more than 5 people in there. The good news is no social distancing nor masks are required.

I'll chime in later with the thermal spa experience on the NCL Epic Trans-Atlantic cruise I took just prior to this Virgin cruise.

Cheers,

Jerry

Really curious to hear about the Epic! It has a really unique thermal suite.

Updated the steam/sauna database yesterday.

-Added newer ships.

-Deleted sold/scrapped ships.

-Added Viking Ocean Cruises.

-Removed Pullmantur Cruise lines.

-Added links to ships. (used Wikipedia as globalcruises site is out of date with newer ships not listed.)

-Minor formatting adjustments.

Any additional suggestions?

Cruise Ship Steam/Sauna Database

• Like 2