Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Has anyone been on NCL Dawn recently? I’m wondering if the Men’s sauna and steamrooms are operational again in the Thermal Spa Suite. Thanks in advance! 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:01 AM, willcan said:

Has anyone been on Royal caribbeans' Quantum class ship? I'd like to know what facilities they have. Thanks.   

These ships apparently have a thermal suite, which is only available for a fee and usually includes mixed-sex steam and sauna facilities, heated lounges, and specialty showers.

8 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

These ships apparently have a thermal suite, which is only available for a fee and usually includes mixed-sex steam and sauna facilities, heated lounges, and specialty showers.

So no single sex and no free facilities. I was afraid of that but thanks for the information anyway. 

Just off P&O Ventura today & sad to report that all the sauna/steam (inc. Thermal Suite)  facilities were closed, the excuse given was that users were unable to be socially distanced in the facilitiies.  Utter rubbish as everyone can be as close as they like in the bar areas!   The closure took the shine off my brief trip.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, billybeachboy said:

That's a brilliant sauna.   Such a pity that there are not more like that.

There is one simular to this on Cunards Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth

The other ships in Holland America's Pinnacle Class, Koningsdam and Rotterdam also have the same free single-sex huge window sauna design. The space is never promoted since they want to sell their co-ed spa packages. A great find!  

Posted (edited)

Any word about whether Royal Caribbean has opened up steam and shower for use yet? (-on the ships that offer them in locker rooms, I mean.)

Edited by ouse456

On 3/9/2022 at 5:14 PM, ouse456 said:

Any word about whether Royal Caribbean has opened up steam and shower for use yet? (-on the ships that offer them in locker rooms, I mean.)

Yes. Friend was on the Brilliance of the seas in January and the facilities were closed. He returned 2 weeks ago and everything was open. And the ship was mask free for vaccinated passengers. 

• Like 2

Will be sailing on The Majestic Princess 2 April Mexican Rivera.

Would like to know the set up for sauna and steam room on the Majestic

My gut tells me it is coed. Not looking forward to wearing A swim suite in the sauna...more interested in single sex sauna, condusive to good one on one male conversation.

Any information or suggestions on the Majestic sauna/stream room would be most appreciated

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Hi Guys, does anyone have experience of Azamara set up?

We haven't cruised with them up to yet but are considering a cruise on "Onward"

Do any of their ships have separate mens and women saunas or steam rooms?

They only have a steam room in the Ladies and Gents locker rooms I suppose that Onward will have the same.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:59 AM, ShipWalker said:

Updated the database with Alexdw Nieuw Statendam photo.

Cruise Ship Steam/Sauna Database

Take note of the categories if making a report here or on the other thread. Taking photos is a great addition to the database, too. Every little bit helps.

Thank you, ShipWalker!!

18 hours ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Thanks for that. Is it quite small ? would it accommodate say 8 people?

The steam room is, I would say, not small and would easily accommodate 8 people. It is an Otogon 

shape .

On 2/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, Rag2 said:

Has anyone been on NCL Dawn recently? I’m wondering if the Men’s sauna and steamrooms are operational again in the Thermal Spa Suite. Thanks in advance! 

I just got off the Dawn.  Everything is working.  But it was sparsely attended.  I did have a complaint.  A female staff would come in about every hour to check the temp on the steam and sauna.  Sometimes she would announce herself and sometimes not.  I was caught quite naked several times.  That should not be allowed.  They would NEVER allow a male attendant to walk into the ladies room.

• Like 1