Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 3/9/2022 at 5:14 PM, ouse456 said:

Any word about whether Royal Caribbean has opened up steam and shower for use yet? (-on the ships that offer them in locker rooms, I mean.)

Yes. Friend was on the Brilliance of the seas in January and the facilities were closed. He returned 2 weeks ago and everything was open. And the ship was mask free for vaccinated passengers. 

• Like 2

Will be sailing on The Majestic Princess 2 April Mexican Rivera.

Would like to know the set up for sauna and steam room on the Majestic

My gut tells me it is coed. Not looking forward to wearing A swim suite in the sauna...more interested in single sex sauna, condusive to good one on one male conversation.

Any information or suggestions on the Majestic sauna/stream room would be most appreciated

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Hi Guys, does anyone have experience of Azamara set up?

We haven't cruised with them up to yet but are considering a cruise on "Onward"

Do any of their ships have separate mens and women saunas or steam rooms?

They only have a steam room in the Ladies and Gents locker rooms I suppose that Onward will have the same.

On 3/1/2022 at 10:59 AM, ShipWalker said:

Updated the database with Alexdw Nieuw Statendam photo.

Cruise Ship Steam/Sauna Database

Take note of the categories if making a report here or on the other thread. Taking photos is a great addition to the database, too. Every little bit helps.

Thank you, ShipWalker!!

18 hours ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Thanks for that. Is it quite small ? would it accommodate say 8 people?

The steam room is, I would say, not small and would easily accommodate 8 people. It is an Otogon 

shape .

On 2/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, Rag2 said:

Has anyone been on NCL Dawn recently? I’m wondering if the Men’s sauna and steamrooms are operational again in the Thermal Spa Suite. Thanks in advance! 

I just got off the Dawn.  Everything is working.  But it was sparsely attended.  I did have a complaint.  A female staff would come in about every hour to check the temp on the steam and sauna.  Sometimes she would announce herself and sometimes not.  I was caught quite naked several times.  That should not be allowed.  They would NEVER allow a male attendant to walk into the ladies room.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billys5764 said:

I just got off the Dawn.  Everything is working.  But it was sparsely attended.  I did have a complaint.  A female staff would come in about every hour to check the temp on the steam and sauna.  Sometimes she would announce herself and sometimes not.  I was caught quite naked several times.  That should not be allowed.  They would NEVER allow a male attendant to walk into the ladies room.

I completely agree. I'm not one to complain...but I'd be in the spa manager's face after the first temp check. Unacceptable! Was this a clever way to force guys to keep their shorts on? I'd be more than pissed!

• Like 2

Definitely no shorts here either. Has anyone been on HAL Noordam lately? There used to be a very cozy (tiny) sauna but I don’t see it in the database and it’s difficult to tell from the deck plans whether it’s still there. Going in October fingers crossed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Edhug55 said:

Definitely no shorts here either. Has anyone been on HAL Noordam lately? There used to be a very cozy (tiny) sauna but I don’t see it in the database and it’s difficult to tell from the deck plans whether it’s still there. Going in October fingers crossed.

Yes, same class of ship as the Eurodam so the free single-sex sauna is located on the port side along the hallway to the spa toward the front of the ship. All Holland America ships have free saunas.  

• Like 2

The sauna on the Noordam, NA class is definitely very snug. However, it is better than no sauna. I am eager to try the window version of the Koningsdam class - especially on an Alaska or South Pacific itinerary.

51 minutes ago, RD64 said:

The sauna on the Noordam, NA class is definitely very snug. However, it is better than no sauna. I am eager to try the window version of the Koningsdam class - especially on an Alaska or South Pacific itinerary.

The sauna on the K-class ships is definitely the best design Holland America has. We're back again on K-dam this Thanksgiving in Mexico. An easy 7 day out of San Diego.

2 hours ago, RD64 said:

20220227_175424-2.heic.  

This is taken on Nieuw Statendam.  The sauna on Koningsdam is identical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:28 AM, windstar said:

Will be sailing on The Majestic Princess 2 April Mexican Rivera.

Would like to know the set up for sauna and steam room on the Majestic

My gut tells me it is coed. Not looking forward to wearing A swim suite in the sauna...more interested in single sex sauna, condusive to good one on one male conversation.

Any information or suggestions on the Majestic sauna/stream room would be most appreciated

Thank you.

I just returned from the March 19 Majestic Mexican Riviera.  There is no steam/sauna except in The Enclave and that is coed.  Disappointed in that.  The ship is quite nice but I won't be sailing on her again.  I do prefer that single-sex sauna/steam

18 hours ago, RD64 said:

Alexdw - thank you for the pic. The windows definitely enhance the experience.

to I am back on the Nieuw Statendam on April17th for 21 days. Looking forward to the sauna. Hope it has a little more activity than last time

6 minutes ago, alexdw said:

to I am back on the Nieuw Statendam on April17th for 21 days. Looking forward to the sauna. Hope it has a little more activity than last time

Just got off a 10 day on the Eurodam and while it is just the small sauna, it was totally dead, never saw a single person.  And unless the stewards were being extra vigilant, I only ever saw one or two missing towels from the stack.  The temp was set at 79, so it was quite nice - we did have a few very hot days, which may have contributed.  Plus the ship was only at about 38% capacity.  Have a 16-day Hawaii cruise booked for October on the Kongingsdam, so very much looking forward to checking out the described sauna set up.

Not a lot of fun when you're by yourself! Hope the word spreads - the Koningsdam will be great on those sea days to and from Hawai'i! Jumping on the Eurodam in Alaska in September. Help get the word out - FREE single-sex saunas on all Holland America ships. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Djb4CC said:

Just got off a 10 day on the Eurodam and while it is just the small sauna, it was totally dead, never saw a single person.  And unless the stewards were being extra vigilant, I only ever saw one or two missing towels from the stack.  The temp was set at 79, so it was quite nice - we did have a few very hot days, which may have contributed.  Plus the ship was only at about 38% capacity.  Have a 16-day Hawaii cruise booked for October on the Kongingsdam, so very much looking forward to checking out the described sauna set up.

Was on Nieuw  Statendam  in Feb, it had 900 passengers and met only 3 other individuals. Think on our 21 day crossing there are about 1700 and with 6 days at sea I hope It will be more utilized.