Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 11/7/2021 at 8:38 PM, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

Scheduled to sail the Carnival Radiance on 4/25/22. Selected this 4-night cruise now that I’m located on the west coast, have always been curious about Catalina Island and (having never sailed CCL) was curious to see how the line’s efforts to rebrand/remake their onboard experience manifests on a renovated/renamed vessel.

I believe the Carnival Radiance’s “sisters” (that already had their refurbishments) may have had their separate men’s steam & sauna facilities removed, but hoping they might still exist on this ship.

If I opt to keep this cruise booked, I’ll keep everyone apprised of my findings. If someone beats me to it, please report back!!

Happy sails to you!

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

(Topic/Thread Founder 😉

So what's the sauna situation? Still have a free sauna and steam ? I look everwhere on google and CC for info or pics . Thanks. We have a Hawai cruise on the Radiance next October. It's was suppose

4 hours ago, coldhendricksmartini said:

I'm sailing on the NCL Gem at the end of August for a Greek Isles cruise, and purchased a pass for the thermal suite.  I'm looking forward to a relaxing soak and steam each night after a busy day of exploring. Has anyone been on the Gem recently?

I was on the Gem in February and really enjoyed it. It has a really nice setup with a central co-ed area with a thalassotherapy pool, jacuzzi, and heated loungers. The men's area has a sauna, steam room, single size jacuzzi and some padded loungers (plus the normal lockers and showers). Most people wore bathing suits, but maybe Europe will be different for you. 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:13 PM, natefish95 said:

I was on the Gem in February and really enjoyed it. It has a really nice setup with a central co-ed area with a thalassotherapy pool, jacuzzi, and heated loungers. The men's area has a sauna, steam room, single size jacuzzi and some padded loungers (plus the normal lockers and showers). Most people wore bathing suits, but maybe Europe will be different for you. 

Thanks for your update. I'm glad to hear the thermal suite is open. I usually go without a suit in the sauna and steam. I think it's just more comfortable that way. Plus with the views of the open seas, no better way to relax. 

2 hours ago, tonygcharles said:

Hi

I'm  on a couple of cruises this year

Celebrity Reflection 

P&O Venture 

Has anyone been on them recently to know if the free saunas are open  yet? 

Thanks 

I was on Reflection in January and Sauna was open. Fairly busy. 

Carnival Freedom 6/11/22 free sauna and steam both very large and under used... both have doors that are floor to ceiling glass ; windows to the sea-- around a corner from the 4 showers in the mens locker room.  

Was on the Carnival Valor last week and the sauna and steam room is still free, open, and in the men's locker room. It wasn't used very often and most people wore shorts. It was working most properly most of the time, but the sauna would get extremely hot. 

The ladies working in the spa would often walk through the men's locker room without notice, which was super annoying. The same thing happened on Freedom last year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was recently on Caribbean princess. Sauna and steam in the mens changing area and free of charge. Decent size steam room with seats for 14 and the sauna is a bit smaller with room for 3 or 4 comfortably but 6 could maybe squeeze in. Did notice most guys using just a loose towel or completely nude, was surprised since it was a cruise out of the US. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 2:36 PM, Cenotediver said:

Going on the Princess Diamond to Hawaii in October. Looking forward to the steam and sauna. The Japanese Baths sounds like a treat . Any comments? 
Enjoy 

We’re now going on Diamond next August, after having three cruises cancelled 😩. The spa area sounds very appealing, can’t wait. 

Anyone with firsthand experience in the NCL Epic men's Thermal Suite?  I have read the database document and it appears it does have single-sex sauna and steam.  In practice, how good is the set-up?  Good for relaxation?  I love the Thermal Suites on the Jewell class NCL ships.  Excellent layout.  Now looking to expand my horizons onto other NCL vessels that offer non-coed options.  Any input from personal experience on the Epic would be appreciated.

18 minutes ago, MichiganBound said:

Anyone with firsthand experience in the NCL Epic men's Thermal Suite?  I have read the database document and it appears it does have single-sex sauna and steam.  In practice, how good is the set-up?  Good for relaxation?  I love the Thermal Suites on the Jewell class NCL ships.  Excellent layout.  Now looking to expand my horizons onto other NCL vessels that offer non-coed options.  Any input from personal experience on the Epic would be appreciated.

Yes I've  used  it many times 

U can buy a daily pass or whole duration of the cruise pass

Which is better  value 

Its about $40 for 1 day 

The changing room has a sauna in it  & steam room

The thermal suite outside is shared  facilities 

Theres no free area's 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tonygcharles said:

Yes I've  used  it many times 

U can buy a daily pass or whole duration of the cruise pass

Which is better  value 

Its about $40 for 1 day 

The changing room has a sauna in it  & steam room

The thermal suite outside is shared  facilities 

Theres no free area's 

Thank for your response.  Are there lounge chairs in the men's changing room area?

Hi, with this thread being so large I would like to know if anyone has been on the RCL Serenade of the Seas recently and confirmed that they still have the separate Sauna and steam rooms. Planning on going next March/April out of Tampa. Would appreciate any comments.

thanks in advance…….