Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

Currently on Celebrity Infinity, small sauna in men’s changing room deck 10 front.

Large round window looks out to the ocean. 

Large open shower for 2 persons in front of sauna, a further 3 in changing room
usage in sauna varies, guys with and without towels on, some in shorts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from the Norwegian Jewel and the thermal suite was excellent! It's so nice having such a large men's only area to relax in. There was a steam room (can comfortably fit 4-5), a large sauna, a cold plunge, a large jacuzzi, a couple cold rainfall showers, and about 7 comfortable chairs for lounging. The coed areas has the heated tiled loungers and a thalasso pool. For a 7 day cruise, it cost $199 and was well worth it for me. The ship was packed, so it was nice to have a quiet spot to escape to. 

Most guys seemed to wear bathing suits, but there was a small group who just went in towels. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Just got back from the Norwegian Jewel and the thermal suite was excellent! It's so nice having such a large men's only area to relax in. There was a steam room (can comfortably fit 4-5), a large sauna, a cold plunge, a large jacuzzi, a couple cold rainfall showers, and about 7 comfortable chairs for lounging. The coed areas has the heated tiled loungers and a thalasso pool. For a 7 day cruise, it cost $199 and was well worth it for me. The ship was packed, so it was nice to have a quiet spot to escape to. 

Most guys seemed to wear bathing suits, but there was a small group who just went in towels. 

I love this spa area on the Jewel. Very underused but  I agree it is a great place to escape to.

44 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Thanks for the update  Sounds amazing. Was it well used or were you often the only person there?  What are the operating hours?

1 minute ago, willcan said:

Thanks for the update  Sounds amazing. Was it well used or were you often the only person there?  What are the operating hours?

I'd say it was pretty well used. The hours were 8am-10pm most days except for the first and last day (opened at 5pm the first day and closed at 8pm the last day). I will sometimes go after dinner, but I found the late evenings to be almost completely deserted. 

9 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

I'd say it was pretty well used. The hours were 8am-10pm most days except for the first and last day (opened at 5pm the first day and closed at 8pm the last day). I will sometimes go after dinner, but I found the late evenings to be almost completely deserted. 

I'm glad it was well used. Was there a big difference between see and port days? I bet your had an amazing cruise. What port did your sail from and where did you go?

13 minutes ago, willcan said:

I'm glad it was well used. Was there a big difference between see and port days? I bet your had an amazing cruise. What port did your sail from and where did you go?

It was out of San Diego to Ensenada, PV, Mazatlan, and Cabo. We actually had pretty short port days. I think most people stayed onboard during Ensenada. We left PV and Cabo about 3 or 4pm, so the afternoons it was definitely well-used since everyone was back on board. 

6 hours ago, happytraveller said:

Currently on Celebrity Infinity, small sauna in men’s changing room deck 10 front.

Large round window looks out to the ocean. 

Large open shower for 2 persons in front of sauna, a further 3 in changing room
usage in sauna varies, guys with and without towels on, some in shorts.

Thank you for this report, happytraveller. Seems the Infinity still has the original sauna & shower set-up in the men’s locker room she had when inaugurated. That window overlooking the ocean is amazing!

Thanks for verifying! 👏🏻👍🏻

• Like 2

On 4/9/2023 at 6:18 PM, natefish95 said:

Thanks for the report. I love the Jewel class ships.  I was on the Gem last summer and had a great conversation with the spa attendance. I'll be sailing the Jade this summer, and hoping for a similar experience to relax. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy from the Oceania Riviera, currently at port in Ibiza !

The spa has separate men's and women's facilities along with some coed features. The steam/sauna/shower areas are totally separate. The steam is ironically smaller at 4persons max capacity than her smaller sister ships Sirena and Marina which seat 6 max. Those two however, do not have a dry sauna at all, and Riviera has a nice big one, probably could seat 8-10.  Surprisingly compared to my prior Oceania trips, this area has been busy every day, didnt see a single person in a suit or even covered. It was definitely chatty..it's like some odd wave of old school sanity washed over our ship 😂 .  

• Like 4

On 3/30/2023 at 3:57 PM, ShipWalker said:

A friendly reminder to any first time users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop.

Steam/Sauna database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

I don't want to mangle the spreadsheet with my phone, but please see my post above regarding Oceania Riviera, and sister ships. They are free to all passengers, and have lockers with keys.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Hi Guys, joining Regal Princess on 30 April for 8 day cruise.

Never sailed with princess before

Anyone with experience of this ship?

Can't see there is a men only sauna area but hope I am wrong about that.

If you are on this cruise please say hello.

It is not free.It is also co ed.No separate areas.Was not  worth it in my opinion.

3 hours ago, bejwee said:

Ahoy from the Oceania Riviera, currently at port in Ibiza !

The spa has separate men's and women's facilities along with some coed features. The steam/sauna/shower areas are totally separate. The steam is ironically smaller at 4persons max capacity than her smaller sister ships Sirena and Marina which seat 6 max. Those two however, do not have a dry sauna at all, and Riviera has a nice big one, probably could seat 8-10.  Surprisingly compared to my prior Oceania trips, this area has been busy every day, didnt see a single person in a suit or even covered. It was definitely chatty..it's like some odd wave of old school sanity washed over our ship 😂 .  

Just to clarify, Riviera and Marina are identical (with steam room and sauna). The smaller ships (Sirena, Nautica, Regatta and Insignia) just have a steam room (larger as you say).

Good to hear the facilities are well used on Riviera. Will be on Marina in September and looking forward to it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Porkpie421 said:

Just to clarify, Riviera and Marina are identical (with steam room and sauna). The smaller ships (Sirena, Nautica, Regatta and Insignia) just have a steam room (larger as you say).

Good to hear the facilities are well used on Riviera. Will be on Marina in September and looking forward to it.

On Insignia in September to Bermuda. Will be our first time on Oceania so will be interested to see how utilized the steam room will be.

3 hours ago, Porkpie421 said:

Yes sorry! I was mixing up ships and trips I have been on. You are correct, thank you for clarifying.

2 hours ago, alexdw said:

On Insignia in September to Bermuda. Will be our first time on Oceania so will be interested to see how utilized the steam room will be.

My last two trips there wasnt a soul in the steam, ever.  This was quite unexpected. The food is incredible on riviera tho..so , so good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2023 at 9:11 AM, twodjs said:

Yes, but Celebrity gutted the formerly wonderful sauna in Infinity and Summit and added about 10 cabins in that space. They did install a smaller (no window to the sea) single-sex sauna during their "upgrade" ☹ We're on Summit in mid-May.

So sorry to hear this…you’ll have to let us know how it was. Have fun on your upcoming cruise! We sailed Summit in the past and enjoyed our time. The old sauna was amazing as well.  It looks like we’re neighbors as well! 

On 4/29/2023 at 5:17 PM, mojitos24 said:

Carnival conquest - men’s locker room new look.

E8DA94EA-C287-479B-99B3-6A2C5CB08D1F.jpeg

341CF4DB-775A-406D-9C7E-1B6B5C4500A1.jpeg

6B9B8881-27C1-42EE-820D-469E9E1E9595.jpeg

4BEFCB55-9F65-48CC-8983-4CF4EF2D2741.jpeg

F26A5228-E124-4273-9145-A78A8637D314.jpeg

This is a very similar setup to the last carnival cruise we were on. Pretty decent setup however everything was in a state of disrepair, typical carnival. It was very hot but little to no steam, very similar to RCL explorer and mariner 'steam rooms'.  How is this one post improvement?

Edited by bejwee