• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Catamaran Tour With Lunch Onboard

JBM

We will be in St. Maarten mid December. DH is a swimmer and snorkeler and I prefer to be 'on' the water, not 'in' the water.

I am looking for a catamaran tour where there are snorkel / swim stops but lunch is on the boat. Most of what I am finding has the boat anchoring and people having to leave the boat and swim / wade to shore. I am not comfortable having to climb in and out of a boat, especially if it is choppy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Barbara :confused:

Hi JBM - I was in St Maarten in June on a land vacation and we did a catamaran sail with Celine Charters. It was great! Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor. Lunch was served on the boat and was fabulous. The day we went there were several of us not comfortable getting out of the boat and into the water and swimming to shore so we actually were given a ride to the shore in a little raft (with a motor). That is one of the things I had worried about ahead of time. You might check with them and see if that would be possible or you could opt to stay on the boat and lay out, read, etc while they are cooking lunch.

Unless you absolutely need to have a catamaran, also check out Random Wind. It is a real sailboat. Maximum pax is 20, and it is a great day.

I will absolutely go again next time I am there. It was actually a nice change from years of catamaran day sails.

There are several reviews further down this St Martin board, or you can go to TripAdvisor or their web site.

I don't recall any snorkeling, the main draw (for me anyway) was the sailing, as many of the catamarans motor sail, rather than sail.

They do stop at a beach for swimming, and stop to use their Tarzan swing...