Late dinner near Best Western Plus in Dania Beach

JustAGirl79

We're flying into Fort Lauderdale after a long day of travelling, arriving at 7:15 p.m. Hotel shuttle will take us to the Best Western Plus on Sterling Road in Dania Beach. I expect we're going to want a late bite to eat - doesn't need to be fancy, but can't be fast food. Will we find restaurants open at 8:30 at night in that area? Walkable from the hotel? (i.e. less than a mile away)

We stayed here a few years ago. I remember that there was a shopping center across the street - the only restaurant, that I remember, is Dave and Busters and that's only because my son was sure to point it out every chance he got. I don't know if you're familiar with dave and busters, but they do have a dining room that is separate from the bar/gaming area - some of the food is pretty good. I know you said no fast food, but there was at least one pizza delivery place available - I know because we just ordered a pizza. You could always call hotel, directly, and ask about sit down restaurants.

You can take a stroll going north on the road. There're lots of restaurants around.

Not to be pedantic, but you would be heading south on Oakwood Blvd from Stirling Rd.

Las Vegas Cuban Restaurant is directly across the street from the hotel.

Turn left, cross under I-95, turn right on Oakwood Blvd and you will find in order:

Moonlite Diner

Ale House

Dave & Busters

TGI Fridays

Sal's Italian Ristorante

Red Lobster

All on west side of Oakwood Blvd (facing I-95) except Ale House. About 15 minute walk to Moonlite Diner, 20 minutes to the others.

On a Friday or Saturday night most if not all should be open until at least 11:00.

Edited by fishywood

Fantastic everyone! Thanks for the info...sounds like lots of options. The no-fast food request is simply because I'm celiac and fast-food places typically have a harder time (if not impossible!) accommodating gluten-free.

I would take a cab to Quarter Deck. There is nothing like sitting outside on the ocean having a nice meal!

• 3 weeks later...
Not to be pedantic, but you would be heading south on Oakwood Blvd from Stirling Rd.

Las Vegas Cuban Restaurant is directly across the street from the hotel.

Turn left, cross under I-95, turn right on Oakwood Blvd and you will find in order:

Moonlite Diner

Ale House

Dave & Busters

TGI Fridays

Sal's Italian Ristorante

Red Lobster

All on west side of Oakwood Blvd (facing I-95) except Ale House. About 15 minute walk to Moonlite Diner, 20 minutes to the others.

On a Friday or Saturday night most if not all should be open until at least 11:00.

Is it a safe area to walk at night?