• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Reflection Transatlantic

MAGSMFC

We are on the Reflection transatlantic from Rome to Miami. Our return flight to London Heathrow does not depart until 10 pm on 1 November. Can anyone let me know if we can book a room in a hotel near Miami airport for the day when we disembark and can you let me know any you would recommend.

Many thanks.

Please come over to the roll call for this cruise. We have a number of cruisers from the UK and they may be able to answer your questions. There have been discussions on what to do until their evening flight takes off. Here is a link to the roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43783420#post43783420

Garry

We are on the Reflection transatlantic from Rome to Miami. Our return flight to London Heathrow does not depart until 10 pm on 1 November. Can anyone let me know if we can book a room in a hotel near Miami airport for the day when we disembark and can you let me know any you would recommend.

Many thanks.

We have booked a "day rate" or part of a day with a hotel that we had a late evening flight that was long. We wanted to rest prior to the flight.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express,

MIAMI-INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

1111 SOUTH ROYAL POINCIANA BLVD

MIAMI SPRINGS FL 33166

Front Desk: 1-305-8851941

It is not a four star hotel, but not too expensive either. I understand the hotel has been recently renovated. It is close to the airport.

We have a room booked there prior to flying out to Copenhagen, next month. However, we have not stayed there.

Tons of Hotels in Miami... Including near the Airport.

We last stayed at Embassy Suites which is 5 minutes from the Airport... And was reasonably priced... Offers a Shuttle Service, a Hot Cooked to Order Breakfast and the Nightly Manager's Reception. Their rooms are all Suites (2 or more rooms) and very clean. They have an onsite Restaurant, Bar, Pools, Fitness Centre & Convenience Store. And the staff is very friendly & helpful. We would stay there again.

We found them via TripAdvisor (CCs sister website for land based travel). Never travel anywhere land or sea without looking at TripAdvisor.

If you are looking tho for a hotel just for day use check out the website Book A Day Room = http://www.bookadayroom.com or if you have a preferred Hotel Chain, just enter the in & out date (same) into their search engine

Agree with the others tho... You should check out the Roll Call Forum here on CC for your sailing... Great way to meet fellow cruisers, learn things, share travel tips (maybe even some costs... Like a taxi) and well just have a fun time on your cruise.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Many thanks.

If you have booked your air via Celebrity, you will have transport and a day room included.

Last October we were put in the Shereton, which is very close to the airport. We did have to vacate the room at 4 pm however.

Many thanks.

We investigated hotel day rooms at Miami for January 2013. At that time, there appeared to be only two easily available: the hotel actually attached to the airport [which got dreadful reviews] and the Sofitel. The airport hotel could be booked online but we had to deal with the Sofitel by email. It was a good choice. We had a nice lunch sitting outside on the terrace [in January!], balanced the weight of our luggage and, unfortunately, fell asleep on the bed nearly missing the [included] shuttle bus to the airport!

If you request it in advance, they will put a kettle in the room so that you can make a cup of tea while you relax.

...... We had a nice lunch sitting outside on the terrace [in January!], balanced the weight of our luggage and, unfortunately, fell asleep on the bed nearly missing the [included] shuttle bus to the airport!.
That story sounds all too familiar, the reason we learned many years ago always to schedule a wakeup call for our departure from any hotel or motel, day or night, even when we don't think we will need one.