• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Pre boarding time to waste at Port Everglades

Marknga

My wife and I are taking our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess on Oct 11th. We are renting a car and making the 600 mile drive on friday the 10th spending the night in Fort Lauderdale. We are scheduled to return the rental at Budget right outside the port at 9:00am. Are we getting there way too early? And how far is it from the Budget Rental to the actual pier? Something we can walk or have to take a taxi?

Have searched the forums but haven't found this exact question.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

My wife and I are taking our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess on Oct 11th. We are renting a car and making the 600 mile drive on friday the 10th spending the night in Fort Lauderdale. We are scheduled to return the rental at Budget right outside the port at 9:00am. Are we getting there way too early? And how far is it from the Budget Rental to the actual pier? Something we can walk or have to take a taxi?

Have searched the forums but haven't found this exact question.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Any possibility in returning the car a bit later ? If not more than likely you won't really be at the terminal until a little before 10:00am considering checking in your car and waiting for the shuttle..We have been there as early as 9:00am..and that line into the terminal does grow quickly.

While the rental location (assuming it's the Budget on 17th Street) is very close it isn't within walking distance...use their offered shuttle into the port.

Even when we have rented from Thrifty which is right outside the PE gate we would never consider walking into the port pulling our luggage with all the traffic and congestion in that general area...and easily have used their shuttle.

Edited by Ashland

• 2 weeks later...