• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

All-Inclusive Bar Package

Nemo44

My husband and I are going on the Caribbean Princess on Sept 13, 14. We are concerned because we haven't received good customer service. It just seems to be that every time we call we get different information and kind of frustrated. The All-Inclusive Bar Package we were first told it had been changed and only had to purchase one per stateroom since it was just my husband and I, now we called and were told that is incorrect. The Customer Service person was not very nice, provided him with the name of the person that had provided the info and he said he didn't know who that was. Just not the same customer service from our prior cruise. Very confused and not sure if we chose a good cruise line. Does any one have any suggestions? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The "everyone in the cabin" requirement was only during the testing stage. Once it was rolled out six months ago, just one person in the cabin could purchase it. As the Customer Service officer on the Sapphire said, "We know Princess passengers are honest and won't abuse it."

Edited by Pam in CA

Nemo, I read your original post and it was written in such a way that you may still end up very disappointed. How you asked the same question could confuse a Princess telephone rep too.

Pam’s answer could lead to further confusion. The original policy stated that “if one person in a cabin purchased the package, then all adults were required to buy the package”. The new policy dropped the requirement for all to purchase the AI package. It is still an individual purchase, not a program where the entire cabin benefits. The individual who buys the package gets a sticker on their cruise card just like people who buy the various soft drink packages.

Your question, and Pam’s answer, implies that you are asking if one AI package can be purchased “for the stateroom” where all adults in the cabin can use it. This simply isn’t true. There is no program where a beverage package, of any type, can be bought “for the stateroom”.

Good catch. I agree in that I believe the OP wanted to buy a "per cabin" package. One person can buy the package or both people can buy the package but there is no way in the world Princess is going to sell a single - $56 per day package - and let it be applied to both parties in the stateroom.

The package is $56 per person per day.