Info Received Today re the Oasis Drydock

We're just finishing a 7-day on Oasis in crown loft suite #1748. According to our cabin attendant (who will be working on Deck 17 on the revamped ship) the drydock will be bringing big changes to Deck 17 and Deck 12:

Moving the concierge lounge from Deck 11/12 to Deck 17

Adding cabins to Deck 12 in the space vacated by the presidential suite.

Removing the Viking Lounge to make make room for the concierge lounge

Removing the presidential suite completely

Adding two new royal suites to Deck 17 (not lofts, just suites)

Eliminating the Pinnacle Lounge and Pinnacle Chapel on Deck 17 to make room for the new royal suites

In all, he said there would be 40 additional cabins.

I apologize if this info is already out on cruise critic, it's hard to search the forums on my iPad from the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're just finishing a 7-day on Oasis in crown loft suite #1748. According to our cabin attendant (who will be working on Deck 17 on the revamped ship) the drydock will be bringing big changes to Deck 17 and Deck 12:

Eliminating the Pinnacle Lounge and Pinnacle Chapel on Deck 17 to make room for the new royal suites

I apologize if this info is already out on cruise critic, it's hard to search the forums on my iPad from the ship!

Interesting info. Thanks!

...Moving the concierge lounge from Deck 11/12 to Deck 17...

This is interesting because it seems like a major move to me. One of the unique services provided by the CL on these ships is the made to order breakfast and lunch in the CL. I was told that this easy to do because the room service kitchen is right above the CL. I wonder how this service would be affected if they move the CL to Viking Crown.

Edited by clarea

This is interesting because it seems like a major move to me. One of the unique services provided by the CL on these ships is the made to order breakfast and lunch in the CL. I was told that this easy to do because the room service kitchen is right above the CL. I wonder how this service would be affected if they move the CL to Viking Crown.

The new Concierge lounge will actually be almost right above the Windjammer on Deck 16, so the move makes sense. From my conversation with the attendant, the intent is to provide extended dining service for the suite guests through the concierge lounge and completely eliminate any need for suite guests to ever set foot in the Windjammer.

Thanks for the info.

Did they say anything about instituting Dynamic Dining?

Or anything about OA moving to another home port -- possibly Port Canaveral. The new terminal will accommodate an Oasis class ship.

He didn't say -- I'll try to remember to ask him in the morning before we debark.

I haven't even been on the ship, yet. Have just finished memorizing all the decks and where everything is...especially the CL and Viking Crown Lounge for my cruise next weekend, and now everything is going to change! :eek::D

I am really surprised with all the changes and stateroom additions. Doesn't that ship have enough? And are there not any more Presidents that want to sail on the ship? :D

Bob - Very interesting about a "room service" kitchen. I never knew that ships had those. We are looking forward to trying breakfast or lunch in the CL. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

The new Concierge lounge will actually be almost right above the Windjammer on Deck 16, so the move makes sense. From my conversation with the attendant, the intent is to provide extended dining service for the suite guests through the concierge lounge and completely eliminate any need for suite guests to ever set foot in the Windjammer.

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense to me now.

What are they putting in the space that the CL is vacating?

Thanks for the info.

Who was your steward? Was it Derry and Lionel Ritchie?

Who ever it is, if you want to have a by of fun tell them that Andrew, Lisa and Owen from Canada say hello. We know almost all the deck 17 stewards.

Hope you had an amazing cruise and enjoyed your loft suite.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Don't like the idea of removing the Viking Crown Lounge :mad:

I second that!!!

Had to be the BEST place on the ship at night... and not only that, it was mellow and quiet and kinda tucked away from it all... I know the friends I made last cruise we preferred to get drinks/chat there.

What a shame...

between that and the chapel disappearing, I'm not too happy to be going on shortly after these changes... BOO!! :mad:

Since I am new to the Oasis a class ship, that explains why I keep seeing all these different dated deck plans.

We were told by an officer that the Viking Crown was only going to made into cabins. Nothing about the CL being moved??? Guess everyone will know what really happens after OA comes out of drydock, fwiw.;)

When is drydock to take place?

Don't like the idea of removing the Viking Crown Lounge :mad:

Me either, unless it is turned into the CL. But wait, that means if we like the ship and want to take another cruise on her, we will have to book a GS or higher to use the lounge. :eek:

Since I am new to the Oasis a class ship, that explains why I keep seeing all these different dated deck plans.

When is drydock to take place?

Me either, unless it is turned into the CL. But wait, that means if we like the ship and want to take another cruise on her, we will have to book a GS or higher to use the lounge. :eek:

As of now, D+ and Pinnacle can use the Concierge Club;)

Hate to see the VCL go. That´s one of two inside places with a view. The other is Dazzles. There are no other lounges where you can sit down and have an ocean view.

The CL currently has the Chef´s Table located on the upper level. Wonder whether they do move this too.

Would be nice to have the current CL as a replacement for the VCL then.

It makes sense to move the CL closer to the suites in the loft area. Like "The Haven" with NCL or the "Yacht Club" with MSC. So you do have a complete separate area for suite passengers.

steamboats