• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Freedom OTS vs CCL Conquest

Has anybody sailed both ships?

I'm going to make a reservation for one of them tomorrow so I need to decide.

Both are 7 days cruises. Total price is within $15 of each other so not significant.

Ports for Conquest are: HMC, San Juan, Grand Turk, and St Thomas- no new for us

Ports for Freedom- Falmouth, Jamaica, Labadee, Haiti, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Two ports are new to us.

Experiences? Also, is the Freedom currently in dry dock? The website makes it appear like it is.

I'm heavily leaning towards RCI Freedom because it's a more convenient departure point (less driving for us) and we want to try a "real" RCI cruise (have only done the 3 day).

I havnt cruised on the Freedom, but have been on her sister, the Liberty of the seas.

Ive also sailed on, all the Conquest class ships of Carnival

DO the Freedom. Anytime you can do a Royal cruise, for the same price of a Carnival cruise, is a no brainer.

The Freedom will also have a WOW factor, the first time you see the Royal Promenade.

Besides, you also get 2 new ports to explore, as well

Edited by jonbgd

Rednose83, Freedom is an awesome ship with a lot of wow factor. Even as RCI's soon to be #3 ship class in order of new, this class is still very impressive. Going on FOS for the same price as Conquest is a no brainer to me. Do it. You won't regret it. :)

Edited by Aquahound

Rednose83, Freedom is an awesome ship with a lot of wow factor. Even as RCI's soon to be #3 ship class order of new, this class is still very impressive. Going on FOS for the same price as Conquest is a no brainer to me. Do it. You won't regret it. :)

Agree......

Well, to be fair, the fare for FOS is about $260 more than for Conquest. However, it's a shorter drive to Port Canaveral which saves us time, gas, and a pre-cruise hotel. Those savings put the two ships at roughly the same cost.

I now have the FOS on 24 hour hold. My DH is supposed to get his leave approved tomorrow and then I'll actually book. Pretty excited to see the Promenade- I don't remember Majesty having one.

Looking into the Royal replenish package for DH. I am correct in my reading that I do not have to buy it as well, right?

Edited by rednose83

Well, to be fair, the fare for FOS is about $260 more than for Conquest. However, it's a shorter drive to Port Canaveral which saves us time, gas, and a pre-cruise hotel. Those savings put the two ships at roughly the same cost.

I now have the FOS on 24 hour hold. My DH is supposed to get his leave approved tomorrow and then I'll actually book. Pretty excited to see the Promenade- I don't remember Majesty having one.

Looking into the Royal replenish package for DH. I am correct in my reading that I do not have to buy it as well, right?

Correct, there's no requirement that all in the stateroom need to buy a package.

In addition to the Royal Promenade, you will have the Flowrider too!

Edited by clarea

I agree with the others. For basically the same price the Freedom will be much nicer and it has the WOW factor. I have cruised on this ship twice and both cruises were great. I have photos of the ship in my link below.

I hope you chose FOS. I have been on all three Freedom class ships and 2 conquest class ships. One thing I hate about CCL is the damned singing, and more specifically all the cruisers waving their napkins, at dinner. I don't need the crumbs from your napkin thrown around the dining room. I also do not need some group of untrained singers, including my waitstaff who cannot serve me now, singing to me every night.

I hope you chose FOS. I have been on all three Freedom class ships and 2 conquest class ships. One thing I hate about CCL is the damned singing, and more specifically all the cruisers waving their napkins, at dinner. I don't need the crumbs from your napkin thrown around the dining room. I also do not need some group of untrained singers, including my waitstaff who cannot serve me now, singing to me every night.

LOL. I also hate that every night singing.

What made it worse on the Splendor in the Black Pearl dining room is the maitre d' fancies himself as Sinatra and sings to a pre-recorded track every night. Believe me, it doesn't go well with food. There were evenings when I would hear the music start and I would bolt. Compared to that, the group singing and dancing is a you.

I love classical music but I actually hate the live music in the mdr on the Voyager/Freedom class ships on RCCL. There's something about the way the music is amplified that gives me a headache. I had to leave dinner one night because of it. It was too late to go to any of the pay restaurants, so I was really bummed out. This was on Mariner of the Seas.

Edited by cruise pup

:D We're official :D

I have been on both the Conquest and Freedom more than once and I cannot overstate how much I think you made the right decision. Freedom is nothing like Majesty, so prepare to have your mind blown by how spectacular the ship is.

By the way, I used to be an avid Carnival cruiser until my first cruise on RCI Voyager. The ship design, activities and service blew me away and I've prefered RCI over CCL ever since. Don't be surprised if you feel the urge to change your avatar picture to a Crown and Anchor symbol after your Freedom cruise. ;)

I have been on both the Conquest and Freedom more than once and I cannot overstate how much I think you made the right decision. Freedom is nothing like Majesty, so prepare to have your mind blown by how spectacular the ship is.

By the way, I used to be an avid Carnival cruiser until my first cruise on RCI Voyager. The ship design, activities and service blew me away and I've prefered RCI over CCL ever since. Don't be surprised if you feel the urge to change your avatar picture to a Crown and Anchor symbol after your Freedom cruise. ;)

:D I never realized that my avatar was a Carnival thing. I just picked it bc I like whales. :o

I don't consider myself an avid Carnival cruiser. My preferred so far is NCL, then Celebrity. I've just traveled a lot on Carnival because I travel a lot with my family and it's what my Mom likes and my younger siblings can afford.

We are super excited to experience something new. And glad we booked last night because the cruise went up $320 this am!