• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

NCL debark tour San Pedro to LAX

Lavaine

Our cruise disembarks in San Pedro on Sep 25. Our flight out of LAX leaves at 1745. This is too early to do a Sunseekers tour. NCL offers 3 tours from San Pedro, ending at LAX. I cn't find any posts from any CC'ers that have done these tours. Does anyone have any insight into these tours, or have any other short tour suggestions that would get us to LAX for around 1430-1500?

LA is so spread out, with such heavy traffic, and with so many areas that you do not want to be touring in, I think I would just have a relaxing last ship board breakfast, catch a late shuttle to LAX, and call it a day. Also, LAX can be a zoo. The last time we flew out of there, the line to even get into the terminal was out the door and up the street, and then the security line was even longer. Other than a walk along the Strand and piers around Hermosa and Manhattan, I can't think of much pleasant to go see in a short period of time. My opinion....but I did grow up out there many years ago.

Edited by roger001

Thanks Roger,

We've never been to LA, so I like the idea of a quick tour on our way to the airport, even though it would only be a very small taste of the city. Besides, 9am to 6pm is a long wait at LAX, and with no luggage storage at the pier, there isn't a lot of incentive to spend time visiting the Iowa or Queen Mary before we head out.

Has anyone done one of the NCL debark tours of LA?

I just looked at the three LA tours NCL advertises. The only one that I would even consider would be, BEACHFRONTS & BEVERLY HILLS ENDING AT THE AIRPORT. That would be a very whirlwind tour but at least looking at some of the nicer sights of west LA. The other two that take you towards the downtown area would be too much very unsenic sights of LA. The Farmer's Market has been developed into a huge tourist attraction and has lost the flavor of it ever having been a market. That first one I mentioned would probably be a good way to spend a little time before arriving at LAX.

We took one of the tours NCL offers for LA simply because we didn't want to wait in the airport for 9 hours. The tour was ho-hum. Stopped at Grumman's Chinese theater, the Disney Concert hall and the farmers market area. It was whistle stop for sure, but they also drive the bus near other attractions to get a peek. We had no problem at the airport, the bus dropped up off around 2:00 p.m. We had a nice lunch at the Farmers Market and it was better than the alternative. Have fun no matter what you choose.....