• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Silhouette vs Reflection difference ?

travelingla

The Silhoutte & Reflection are both S-Class Ships... As was The Eclipse you previously were on all built 2008 thru 2012... One a year.

Their basic footprint & feel is the same.

Some amenities... Like Restaurants can differ... For more info see Celebrity's Website / Deck Plans etc

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships

Cheers!

Looking at similar itineraries on these 2 ships -- wondering if there is any reason to prefer one ship over the other? I've been on the Eclipse and loved it.

Are the restaurants the same?

Thanks for your help!

Reflection and Sihlouette both have The Lawn Club Grille which is

located upson deck 15......this restaurant replaces the Hot

Glass Show on Eclipse. Also, both ships have the Porch which is also

up on deck 15....starboard side. Eclipse doesn't have that either.

The biggest different between Silhoulette and Reflection.....Reflection

has AQ Suites.....Sihlouette does not have those.

Only difference on the Reflection I noticed was the Sky Lounge was cut in half to add more cabins, disco on 4 and the Sunset Bar is configured a little bit difference.

Edited by kdooley

Flex is a couple of feet wider, 15 feet longer, 4,000 tons heavier, and a year newer than Silly. Still VERY similar, same overall floor plan.

Quasar, the disco on deck four has been deleted, and replaced with conference rooms.

The main Pool area has been moved up one floor, and extra cabins inserted into the space formerly occupied by the pool.

The only unforgivable, was the gutting of the Sky Lounge to make room for high end suites.

Cruised on both before, booked on both for future cruises. Both are stunningly gorgeous, with good food, enjoyable entertainment, great drinks, comfortable surroundings and fantastic service. The only reasonable thing to do is cruise BOTH!

The site below has great pics and all the stats...

http://www.beyondships.com/Celebrity-Reflection-Profile.html

Edited by teecee60

Reflection has a large metal rose occupying part of the dance floor at the bottom of the stairs.

Both ships are beautiful but:

Most important of all, Reflection cruises are normally cheaper than Silhouette in the Caribbean.

.....The main Pool area has been moved up one floor, and extra cabins inserted into the space formerly occupied by the pool.

Here is a German web site with a photo about 1/4 of the way down of an S-class ship. When you pass your cursor over it, it displays the raised deck area that is different from her four older sisters. The difference is subtle.

http://www.cruisetricks.de/die-vielen-kleinen-unterschiede-der-celebrity-reflection/

Reflection is by far my favorite ship - so far! :D

Edited by boogs

We have been on both ships. The seats in the Reflection's Celebrity Theater are narrower and less comfortable than those on the Silhouette in order to make room for the extra passengers it carries. While I would go back on the Reflection in a heartbeat, everything else being equal, I would choose the Silhouette as it feels less crowded.

Edited by emileg

Have travelled on both. My personal experience is Reflection seems more crowded. That extra level of cabins just takes it over the edge. Couldn't get a seat in the theatre on several occasions nor a table in Murano on any night. May just have been that sailing. Would still travel on both though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD