• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Adventure of The Seas

We will be cruising on Adventure on 26th October and am looking to get some feedback on the ship. I know we will be getting the same DL concierge as we had on Brilliance a few weeks ago (Andrew).

Any thoughts and knowledge greatly appreciated!

We will be cruising on Adventure on 26th October and am looking to get some feedback on the ship. I know we will be getting the same DL concierge as we had on Brilliance a few weeks ago (Andrew).

We cruised on Adventure earlier this year and thought the ship was in fine shape with an excellent crew.

Thanks for the feedback! Did you use the diamond lounge? Did they have the daily papers. Apparently, they have not been very popular on many ships, but we quite like them at breakfast.

I also hear a rumour that they are changing the café promenade to a park café. Has this happened?

Thanks for the feedback! Did you use the diamond lounge? Did they have the daily papers. Apparently, they have not been very popular on many ships, but we quite like them at breakfast.

I also hear a rumour that they are changing the café promenade to a park café. Has this happened?

Hi, no newspapers now, part of the cutbacks. The ship does have pervasive WiFi now so you are expected to use your apps.:)

Cafe promenade is still Cafe promenade.

Andrew went to Brilliance, I wasn't expecting him back but things change all the time.

The Diamond lounge is lovely.

Here's some photos from the eastbound TA from April this year. The DL is in place of the 19th Hole on deck 14 in the Viking Crown and is a far superior location than the CL IMHO. Nice outdoor seating area too.

Only minor upgrades during a very short refit just before the TA this year. Giovanni's Table in place of Portofino. Wifi has already been mentioned. Outdoor movie screen on the pool deck, digital Wayfinders, LCD TVs in all cabins, PS3 consoles in suites replacing DVD players, new pool deck flooring, new cabins on deck 3 replacing seperate dining rooms.

IMG_1430

Will see if there's any other changes after our sailing on her this coming weekend.

We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas this June, to Iceland and Norway. We had a lovely time.

Check out this video for the Diamond Lounge:

There were newspapers available in the Diamond Lounge.

Check out my blog landing page here:

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/p/adventure-of-seas-iceland-norway-cruise.html

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies, I said in an earlier post there weren't any papers onboard, my mistake , we went on Independence after the TA and she definitely did NOT have the newspapers, the explanation given as in my earlier post.

We just got off Adventure's Iceland and Norway trip and there were newspapers in the CL and DL and avaliable for purchase at Cafe Promenade. Once she leaves for the States the papers will disappear.

Also the current DL Concierge, Ryno Strapp , told me he had heard Andrew will not be returning and another guy will be taking over, someone with Spanish language skills probably as Adventure returns to Puerto Rico year round.

Only minor upgrades during a very short refit just before the TA this year. Giovanni's Table in place of Portofino. .

Would you mind pointing out where exactly is Giovanni (or former Portofino) onboard Adventure? I have not been able to spot it on the deckplans.

Thanks!

Miryam

Would you mind pointing out where exactly is Giovanni (or former Portofino) onboard Adventure? I have not been able to spot it on the deckplans.

Thanks!

Miryam

Deck 11 near the aft centrum, adjacent to Windjammer.

• 4 months later...
on past cruises we always loved watching movies in the hidden theaters. With the big screen now on Adventure do they use the screening room for movies any longer or just up on deck?

The Screening Room, Deck 2 forward.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be cruising in a couple of weeks on the AOS. This will be my 4th cruise. Last year I cruised on the Norwegian Breakaway and I've cruised twice with Disney. I am not familiar with RCL, what is the Diamond Lounge? Any exclusives i. e. pools etc? Any tips and or must sees or do's.

I am going to be cruising in a couple of weeks on the AOS. This will be my 4th cruise. Last year I cruised on the Norwegian Breakaway and I've cruised twice with Disney. I am not familiar with RCL, what is the Diamond Lounge? Any exclusives i. e. pools etc? Any tips and or must sees or do's.

The Diamond Lounge is a loyalty perk for those repeat cruisers who have attained 80 cruise points or more. That's roughly 80 nights cruising in a non-suite or 40 nights cruising in a suite.

The Solarium is resticted to age 16 and over.

In my (often repeated) opinion the big edge Royal has over NCL is the 16+ Solarium, which is free and includes both a pool and hot tubs. While I love the NCL Haven courtyard, those who aren't in those hugely expensive suites have nothing similar available to them. Vibe is ok, but no pool, costs $, and is hard to get into unless you are first onboard to buy passes.

The screening room is nice too but be aware it isn't large so show up early if you want to watch movies.

To access the helipad go to deck 4 forward while outside.

For anything else check the all things Adventure thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1799453

Just remember to walk all the public decks so that you don't miss anything.

Here's some photos from the eastbound TA from April this year. The DL is in place of the 19th Hole on deck 14 in the Viking Crown and is a far superior location than the CL IMHO. Nice outdoor seating area too.

Only minor upgrades during a very short refit just before the TA this year. Giovanni's Table in place of Portofino. Wifi has already been mentioned. Outdoor movie screen on the pool deck, digital Wayfinders, LCD TVs in all cabins, PS3 consoles in suites replacing DVD players, new pool deck flooring, new cabins on deck 3 replacing seperate dining rooms.

IMG_1430

Will see if there's any other changes after our sailing on her this coming weekend.

In 2016 Adventure will get an extensive upgrade including the Flowrider similar to Navigator, Voyager and in the next months Explorer. While on board various crew members said that it is rumored for Adventure to be moved to Asia after the dry dock. We know that these kind of rumours don't necesary mean anything, hence let's wait and see what will be announced over the next months when the deployment for 2016/17 will be published.