Don't get the value in having a PCC....

LouBNYC

Ok decided we wanted to jump of a cruise.. Called my new PCC (3rd one in 3 yrs) told him what we wanted. He comes back with higher prices then the website.

Puts us on hold 3 or 4 times to get me special pricing... Comes back with the website pricing.

Then takes 20 min to apply cruise reward and can't do NCL MasterCard points.

All told almost 1hr on the phone to do what I could have done on the web in 10min.

Wow....

Unfortunately there are good ones and bad ones. What you described is the reason why I've been pretty much exclusively been using a TA, that way at least I can get cheaper prices than by booking direct from NCL.

Dear LouBNYC,

ONce now you have seen the quality of CS and/or lack of it. Try a Agent/Agency. Pf. one which is ASTA. That makes the agency member put up a very healthy Bond of 1/2 million so if it does default in Ch . 7 or 11. Your not stuck..in the muck.

I use a service which I get bids from many agencies which look at more and decide where I have my best cost basis. In all the cruise we have taken only twice was the Cruise Line lower and it was a specail fare from them to us.

As in any Cruise Contract COMPARE all your variables. :cool:

Ok decided we wanted to jump of a cruise.. Called my new PCC (3rd one in 3 yrs) told him what we wanted. He comes back with higher prices then the website.

Puts us on hold 3 or 4 times to get me special pricing... Comes back with the website pricing.

All told almost 1hr on the phone to do what I could have done on the web in 10min.

Wow....

Wow....

Most service reps working for NCL have limited skill sets and intelligence. If you feel like you are informed enough to do it yourself, do so. A PCC is much like a car salesman, they will give you the highest price and least amount of perks you are willing to accept.

Some people don't mind and just trust whatever bill of goods they are sold. That is fine, but it aint me.

@pokerpro5, this is not to answer your question but for OP, my PCC did save me the phone wait time when I needed to changed entertainment reservations. I emailed her the details and within a few hours all was changed. This was something that could not be handled by myself online. Chat may have worked, but email was more efficient for me. I'd never used a PCC before so I'm still learning what they can do.

Wow....[/quote

A good TA that you know and trust beats the cruiseline every time and you get extra perks like OBC and paid gratuities. You can also work with them for other cruises on other lines.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

We live overseas now where phone calls are not cheap and a bit of a hassle so I use a PCC, by email, exclusively. I have gone thru a few, some left NCL and one wouldn't follow my request to deal exclusively by email but now have a PCC that responds quickly and effectively.

I email my dates and cruise request and he sends me my options. At times the offer is a little less than what I see online, I think sometimes there are specials that are not obvious online?

I have needed to change cruises before final payment and it has been done quickly and without drama.

Our current booking...after final payment I noticed a drop in price and just asked about options. Went from inside to porthole for $40. Another drop and now in a balcony at no extra cost. All by email, quick and professional responses. And no "on hold."

I have cold called NCL to book cruises and also used the PCC. I love my PCC and I regret not using her the other times. The prices are usually the same from the website but she always scores me things I would never get just cold calling. She gave me a dinner at Cagneys with a bottle of wine this last booking. She also gives me a bottle of wine on embarkation day. It is always easy to deal with her too. When I am almost at final payment, I just email her to add the NCL insurance. I guess I am lucky to have found her. She has been working for NCL for a LONG time.

I received email notices about possible upgrades, twice getting a free upgrade to outside cabin. PCC also quotes me AARP prices and has helped me with pre and post cruise transportation and hotels, turned a b2b into two separate cruises to allow me to use two cruise rewards while keeping the same cabin for each cruise. Email is much better than the phone.

Serious question:

Can a PCC actually give you discounts which are not presented on the website?

Can someone give me examples of things the PCC got for them that they were unable to book themselves on ncl.com?

Yes, a PCC or TA can combine rates/offers when applicable but AFAIK there is no way to do that yourself on their website. If you enter a code on ncl.com you will get that offer but cannot enter additional codes for additional offers like a Latitude offer and an AARP rate or DASH sale and Suite OBC etc.

Serious question:

Can a PCC actually give you discounts which are not presented on the website?

Can someone give me examples of things the PCC got for them that they were unable to book themselves on ncl.com?

PCCs can not do any magic tricks that any TA wouldn't be able to do. Compared to self-booking on the website a live person that has access to the reservation system might be able to combine promotions that can not be combined online but that's about it.

Sometimes PCCs can throw in some cheap (for the cruise line) goodies like bottle of wine and a speciality dinner but TAs usually take a slice of their own profit to give to the customer and hence TAs almost always beat the price any PCC can give (pretty much always the same as on the website). With the website it's WYSIWYG.

There are those that are fortunate to have a good PCC (NCL), but that wasn't the case for us - ours was terrible. He was available all the time when our group was booking, which ended up being 12 cabins, but as soon as final payment time arrived, it was like he disappeared off the face of the earth. Emails would go unanswered, and forget about hoping for a return phone call - we actually complained to a supervisor on the regular 800#, and only then did he call us back, but never again after that. Our experience with our PVP (Carnival) was the opposite.. they were with ya right until the end if you needed anything, or had questions. It very well may have been the luck of the draw, but our PCC experience with NCL was the pits.

Most of you seem to have negative feelings towards your PCC's. I'm happy to say we have had great people to work with at NCL (with the exception of one). We have superior service and enjoy the personal service she gives us.

If you have a bad experience, ask a supervisor for a different NCL contact.

I would much rather work with a NCL professional were I can retain control over my booking(s).

We live overseas now where phone calls are not cheap and a bit of a hassle so I use a PCC, by email, exclusively. I have gone thru a few, some left NCL and one wouldn't follow my request to deal exclusively by email but now have a PCC that responds quickly and effectively.

I email my dates and cruise request and he sends me my options. At times the offer is a little less than what I see online, I think sometimes there are specials that are not obvious online?

I have needed to change cruises before final payment and it has been done quickly and without drama.

Our current booking...after final payment I noticed a drop in price and just asked about options. Went from inside to porthole for $40. Another drop and now in a balcony at no extra cost. All by email, quick and professional responses. And no "on hold."

This sounds like it could have been written by me, except that I have had the same PCC since 2008 (maybe I have been very lucky....?). I live in Europe and she is based in the US, and all communications goes by e-mails. And I receive a reply very quickly, usually within an hour. I am very satisfied with my PCC! :)

Edited by TrumpyNor

Yes, a PCC or TA can combine rates/offers when applicable but AFAIK there is no way to do that yourself on their website. If you enter a code on ncl.com you will get that offer but cannot enter additional codes for additional offers like a Latitude offer and an AARP rate or DASH sale and Suite OBC etc.

That's what I was going to say. Our PCC had combined offers I couldn't do myself.

She has also, on her own, gotten me more OBC if she noticed a special, without me contacting her. I just receive a surprise email updating my OBC. :D

I've been lucky to have the same NCL PCC for four years and in my opinion, he's been outstanding. He's called after every cruise to find out how it was and was able to secure a connecting cabin not showing as available on the website for next summer's AK cruise on the Gem. He has also re-priced previous cruises to our advantage.

I've never use a TA for an NCL cruise, but did use one for a Celebrity cruise and it was one disaster after another...no paperwork, wrong pricing (we ended up paying more than the original quote) and on and on. Although we had a great cruise on Celebrity, we will stick to booking directly through cruiselines/PCC's in the future.

I too have been lucky to have an awesome PCC. Always answers my emails and phone calls in a timely manner. If he needs to put me on hold for an extended period, he'll ask for a number to call me back at, rather than leave me on hold. I've booked 2 cruises with him and will continue to do so, as long as we sail NCL. He was unfortunately unable to combine the DASH sale and Suite OBC for the cruise I just booked. But all in all he's an awesome PCC

Mine was a complete waste of time.

I'm sure there are good ones out there, as reported.

How do you get a good one?

I stumbled upon mine. He sent me his business card in the mail and I went from there.

I'm not allowed to post his info here, but if you're interested...you can mail me at my screen name at gmail . com and I'll send you his info

I got a call late Wednesday afternoon just as D.W. was pricing that Fridays Bermuda cruise online at XXX site.

My new PCC said he saw in my file I like to cruise last minute . He then ask if I wanted to book one of the last cabins for that Friday as the price had just dropped to $299 pp.

We booked it .

D.W. went back online to try a mock booking and they were sold out .

A day and a half later we were onboard with a $25 OBC too . :)

Mine is fab. I had someone here sneak me his info. Lol been with him 3 years. ..love him.

My PCC is absolutely wonderful too - very responsive and helpful. If you want more info, see my FaceBook link on my CC contact/profile info and send me a message there.