• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

A Few Highlights of Our Alaska Top Chef Cruise (August 15-22)

ReadingDoc

While I hope to put together a more comprehensive review eventually, possibly with some pictures, I wanted to share a few of the highlights of our recent cruise on the Solstice to Alaska. We had a wonderful time and especially enjoyed the Top Chef opportunities.

First, here's a video slideshow of the food we ate on the trip (plus some from embarkation morning in Seattle, since it was my birthday).

Next is a video slideshow of our private cooking class with Brooke Williamson. This class was on Thursday on the way to Victoria, BC. Brooke was phenomenal and stayed for the entire luncheon. We all had a great time asking questions and learning more about her and the show. Just before leaving, she signed all of our Top Chef at Sea aprons and luncheon menus.

Finally, I was one of the fortunate contestants at Wednesday morning's Quickfire Challenge. I'm the one in the purple shirt. A fellow cruiser and I got to work with Tiffani Faison. She was a lot of fun and was a superb teacher and coach. My wife took some photos and video of the event and I put them together into a video of the first round. This event and the cooking class were definitely the highlight of the cruise for me.

Enjoy!