• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Visitors and lifeboat drill on embarkation day

jwh

Has anyone had experience of bringing visitors on board on embarkation day with regards timing for the lifeboat drill? Our visitors have been invited to board from 1pm and can remain until late evening. The ship sails early hours of next morning. Lifeboat drill is normally afternoon of the first day so my query is.. what do we do with the visitors while the lifeboat drill is taking place? I'm sure they'll be able to entertain themselves quite nicely :), however just wondering about the logistics of this.

Cheers,

Judith

Thanks Keith. That makes sense but I did wonder about the quite large numbers of visitors I expect will be on board in Sydney, and whether they would all need to congregate in one place while the crew did their cabin check etc. It's nice to prepare people in advance so they don't feel like the proverbial duck out of water!

I got my guests to wait in the Crystal Cove with a drink , visitors pass visible. It was Manhattan, another busy port for visitors, with a midnight sailing. It must be easier to have everyone in one comfortable area rather than scattered around the ship.

Judith, you are always great about planning and I applaud that. I think the Cove would be perfect and would just encourage them to get settled there before the announcement is made for guests to attend their muster stations so that they are not in the way of guests getting to their tender stations. They certainly could go to other areas but this would be a good area.

Best to you.

Keith

And don't forget the visitors have to order their drink (of any type) before the drill starts as all service is suspended during the drill.

A top reminder :) Most important! Many thanks. And thank you to everyone for your responses.

So Crystal allows visitors on embarkation days?

From the Crystal Cruises Web Site. After the writeup I have included the link to the Visitor Authorization Form which includes additional information including fees.

Keith

Visitors on Board

Whenever conditions allow, visitors will be permitted on board. Requests may be made through Crystal Cruises' Onboard Guest Services or Marine Operations departments, or if requested on board, through the ship's Reception Desk. All requests and supporting information must be received in writing by Crystal Cruises' Marine Operations Department no later than two weeks prior to the intended visit day (no later than five business days if requested while on board). The numbers and types of visitors allowed are capacity-controlled and subject to the security level at the port of call. Due to changing world conditions, Crystal Cruises may institute a no-visitor policy on board its ships from time to time. This policy is subject to change, without notice, at any time.

Link to Visitor Authorization Form.

http://www.crystalcruises.com/files/forms/GuestVisitorRequestForm2014.pdf