Dynamic Dining Officially announced on Oasis

Royal Caribbean PR just tweeted out that Dynamic Dining is officially going to be launched on Oasis during dry dock.

No more guessing.

I'm excited for this change - I think. I get tired of the MDR 7 nights (as my teens would say, "first world problems...")

We always do MTD and sign up as soon as we can for times.

Does anyone know - will we be able to reserve the DD restaurants in advance like we did for MTD? I'm the "family travel agent" and always do the reserving because we usually travel in somewhat large packs (14 in our group for dinner on our December cruise).

And I apologize if this is already posted somewhere - I tried to find it but couldn't. Are the menus (or at least part of them) posted anywhere to help us decide which venues we want?

I'm excited for this change - I think. I get tired of the MDR 7 nights (as my teens would say, "first world problems...")

We always do MTD and sign up as soon as we can for times.

Does anyone know - will we be able to reserve the DD restaurants in advance like we did for MTD? I'm the "family travel agent" and always do the reserving because we usually travel in somewhat large packs (14 in our group for dinner on our December cruise).

And I apologize if this is already posted somewhere - I tried to find it but couldn't. Are the menus (or at least part of them) posted anywhere to help us decide which venues we want?

Yes you will be able to book the times using the cruise planner for every restaurant. Most of the dynamic dining information (including menus) is under the "Quantum Class" sub forums, since it was first revealed for Quantum OTS.

Alternative menus will still be available for those who need them.

Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that they would make these announcements about putting DD on Oasis when it hasn't even been tested on Quantum yet? It doesn't make sense to me why they'd announce that they were doing this to Oasis (a much larger ship than Quantum) whose dining venues were built specifically to handle such a large number of people. If anything, it would make more sense to revitalize a smaller ship vs the second largest in their fleet before they even have proof of concept. Revitalizing the dining venues of an Oasis class ship not built for DD must be a huge undertaking in and of itself, setting aside the fact that the concept hasn't even been tested yet on a ship that IS built for it.

Doesn't it strike anyone as odd that they would make these announcements about putting DD on Oasis when it hasn't even been tested on Quantum yet? It doesn't make sense to me why they'd announce that they were doing this to Oasis (a much larger ship than Quantum) whose dining venues were built specifically to handle such a large number of people. If anything, it would make more sense to revitalize a smaller ship vs the second largest in their fleet before they even have proof of concept. Revitalizing the dining venues of an Oasis class ship not built for DD must be a huge undertaking in and of itself, setting aside the fact that the concept hasn't even been tested yet on a ship that IS built for it.

Way back when Quantum was announced or perhaps it was at the first reveal or just afterwards, it was said that those on Oasis October Transatlantic would get a preview of some things that would be on Quantum.

At the time I thought maybe they meant a show or something but it looks like they meant Dynamic Dining.

Which ones are no charge? Other than WJ and Sorrentos and Café Promenade?

I tried searching on the RCL website but when I hit complimentary they all show up.

Edit I think I found it Grande, Chic ,Silk, American Icon and Coastal Kitchen?

Edited by molly361

?

From what I read in the past RCL was ENCOURGING folks to reserve in advance unless that has changed. I have not really followed the DD but I guess I better start paying attention now.:eek:

Grande, Chic ,Silk, American Icon and Coastal Kitchen?

Yes, those are the "free" restaurants.

Getting tired of the inability to quote posts.

Edited by clarea

I tried searching on the RCL website but when I hit complimentary they all show up.

Coastal Kitchen is for guests in JS and above.

If true, I wonder when they're planning on letting those of us with dining reservations on Oasis (MDR and pre-paid specialty) know about the change.:confused:

When you board the ship and maybe not until you show up for dinner.

Yes those are the complimentary dining options, although Coastal Kitchen is for Suite Guests (Junior Suite and above) and their guests.:rolleyes:

Wonder how many guests they will be allowed;)

In our short four cruise history we have often found that on one night there may be three things on the menu that sound very tempting while on another nights offering while we can certainly find something good to eat find ourselves wishing for something that may have been on a previous menu. Also we often wish we could have a dish that we enjoyed a lot again. Don't get me wrong as we have really enjoyed the dinning on board BUT Dynamic Dinning will hopefully take our enjoyment to an even higher level.

I have just looked through the Quantum menus for the main 4 complimentary restaurants and will be able to have a far better chance to sample all of the dishes that appeal the most from the menus by rotating restaurants rather than a choosing from a rotating menu with the issues mention above.

I also acknowledge that there will possibly (probably?) be issues with the reservation process but once (if)this is sorted I can see no downside for us. I am hoping that we will be able to do what we did on NCL and Celebrity with their flexible dinning options and that was to just turn up when we felt like eating and either get straight in or be informed that there will be a 30 minute maximum wait, be given a beeper and go for a drink or a walk while we wait. Of course we will also have to work around entertainment choices but that was rarely an issue and if it is imperative to us to catch a show we could just eat in the buffet.

Of course only my thoughts at present and will get to have the first hand experience next year. One of the drivers that convinced us to cancel our previous plans and book Quantum was DD.

If it is as good as it appears I hope that it gets a wider roll out and eventually finds it's way into our other cruise line of choice Celebrity.

Edited by woodyren

When you board the ship and maybe not until you show up for dinner.

That's what I'm afraid of! I'm not opposed to the idea at all, and I only have three nights in the MDR planned for Oasis. The thing that worries me is I'm a planner, and I like everything neatly laid-out before I leave home!:o