Dynamic Dining Officially announced on Oasis

How can it be installed 5 months before it goes live?

New tweet from @RoyalCaribbean:

@TravelwithFlav It's true! Dynamic Dining is expanding to Oasis of the Seas during its upcoming revitalization & will go live next March.

Yorkvillian- Your truly are a villain your name fits!! hahahaha hehehehe hahaha

Its easy to convert a large room into smaller rooms, you just need to put up a wall in between and divide the two rooms, all the levels of the MDR front and rear have doors to enter/exit so its easy to do.

Easy yes, but that's assuming they are using the existing MDR kitchen and not building new kitchens for each new restaurant. Just doesn't seem possible they could squeeze this in during a normal 2 week dry dock. We are sailing Nov 8th, so I hope they have all the bugs worked out if indeed the rumors are true.

Please do not also bring it to Independence next year... :mad:

That will largely depend on if Independence is due for drydock before you sail her next year. That I do not know but someone here might. Freedom is most certainly getting DD during her drydock in January.

So it does appear its true.

I would say if this is true they will use the existing kitchen, which level is it on does anybody know?

I have to say its just a matter of putting up walls it can be done in two weeks in dry dock, they have hundreds of people working on the ship during dry dock its possible.

So it does appear its true.

I would say if this is true they will use the existing kitchen, which level is it on does anybody know?

I have to say its just a matter of putting up walls it can be done in two weeks in dry dock, they have hundreds of people working on the ship during dry dock its possible.

There is a kitchen on each level. Not sure if each kitchen has the same capabilities.

Thanks Clarea. Its is totally possible to have separate dining rooms in the MDR, each floor can be divided into two different restaurants by adding a wall and each deck would have its own kitchen, this totally makes sense to me and easily can be done in a short time.

I also wish they put the hog dog house on the Oasis, we don't eat hot dogs at home but we found ourselves on the Allure having one for a snack each day lol. Its surely easy to put in as it doesn't take up that much room and it certainly isn't costly to do and it doesn't cost the cruise line much money hot dogs are inexpensive.

Confirmed?

Likely not, FoS is going in for an extended dry dock so its most likely speculation that she will also receive Quantum upgrades in addition to the other things planned for her.

Honestly, I am kind of sad to see RCI going all in with this approach, fixed dining is a staple of cruising in my mind. Ultimately, if I wanted to make reservations or wait for a table at a restaurant, I'd stay on land. Such a waste of those beautiful multi-tiered dining rooms... glad I am taking FoS out one more time before her dry dock since this seems likely to occur.

More details from @RoyalCaribbean: "Guests booked on Oasis from 10/15/2014 - 3/2015 will continue to dine in the Main Dining Room at their preferred time."

This is from the same Tweet. Couldn't it still be a hoax?

If guest will continue to dine during said months in the MDR at their preferred times, does this mean that one deck will remain untouched in the MDR? What happens after 3/2015? :confused:

The cruise I am looking into starts on 3/28 and ends on 4/4. So what happens in those April days? :eek::rolleyes::D

Honestly, I am kind of sad to see RCI going all in with this approach, fixed dining is a staple of cruising in my mind. Ultimately, if I wanted to make reservations or wait for a table at a restaurant, I'd stay on land. Such a waste of those beautiful multi-tiered dining rooms... glad I am taking FoS out one more time before her dry dock since this seems likely to occur.

That's how we feel. I don't want to spend my vacation making reservations each day.

Edited by Iamthesea

Confirmed?

Likely not, FoS is going in for an extended dry dock so its most likely speculation that she will also receive Quantum upgrades in addition to the other things planned for her.

Confirmed by Captain Olson and Hotel Manager Rasmussen during multiple C&A events on the FOS cruise I just got off of on Sunday.

Here's what doesn't make sesse. Oasis arrives in Rotterdam on September 30th on a cruise from Barcelona. My understanding that she goes into drydock in Rotterdam, because none of the drydocks near her home port, Fort Lauderdale, are large enough.

Then, her next cruise is out of Southampton on October 15th. Presumably she will sail out of Rotterdam on the 14th and do some testing of her propulstion systems on the way to Southampton.

That's only 2 weeks in drydock. Is that enough time to remodel all of the dining venues on the Oasis? I realize that a ship can undergo a lot of work, if there is sufficient manpower in the shipyard. But, when ships in the Vision and Radiance classes went in for their major makeovers, they were getting 6 or 7 weeks in drydock, just to insure that all of the work was done before leaving the shipyard.

This just isn't painting, installing new carpeting, and changing the furniture and art work. This will probably require carpentry work, reconfiguring kitchens, changing waitstaff service locations, plumbing work, and electrical work.

If the Oasis was in drydock for 3 weeks, that would be enough time to overhaul the dining venues for DD.

By the same token, Oasis has cruises scheduled through the end of 2015. That would mean having to revise the dinner plans of every guest who has already booked a cruise. Just having to revise dinner plans for cruises out of Fort Lauderdale for the 4th quarter of 2014 would probably put a strain on RC's computer systems.