Earliest flight time out of miami

mjw001

We will be cursing the carnival Breeze in September I've been holding out for a great deal on flight . I'm curious is anyone could tell me what's the earliest you've gotten off the ship doing self disembarkation ? I'm looking at at 10 am flight and am a little nervous it may be too early

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be cursing the carnival Breeze in September I've been holding out for a great deal on flight . I'm curious is anyone could tell me what's the earliest you've gotten off the ship doing self disembarkation ? I'm looking at at 10 am flight and am a little nervous it may be too early

10am is a tad early and you'll be really pushing it. around 11:30 to 12 noon would be much better.

Just curious why you are cursing the Breeze? I heard she is a great ship.:p

Darn Siri.;)

Bill

We are platinum and were off the Breeze about 6:30 and at the airport and to our gate before most of the gates had opened. That was on a Sunday. Last year we were off the Liberty by 7 a.m. on a Saturday. The luggage check in and security lines were ridiculous...over an hour for security. The entire airport was a zoo. You'll probably make it but not sure I'd risk it and the stress!

We have made 10:15am flight times with ease... But the risk is if something happens and makes you arrive late to port, or have a big line for customs, ect.... We always book a pretty early flight and have actually arrived at the airport too early to check in for the flight. We would do it again, not as stressed about getting home as we are about always going a day early!! Good luck and happy cruising!

Edited by cruisinpips

I would book the later one and "try" really try to get the 10am flight by stand by.

Its too early for me and way too stressful. (there are reasons those flights are cheaper too--LOL

your bags will need to be checked in by 9am for a 10am flight.

I just got off the Breeze this Sunday. My flight left FT Lauderdale at 11:30 am and I made it with plenty of time. I was off the ship by 7:30 so I could have easily made a 10am flight departing MIA. I actually could have been off the ship earlier still but they were a few minutes late letting us off. I personally wouldn't have a problem booking an early flight but just be aware that there is always the possibility that something could happen and hold you up or keep you on the ship longer than you expected.

I easily made a 10:05 flight from MIA last year- did self-assist platinum debarkation and was at my gate by 7:30. Going on the Victory tomorrow and have a 9:40 flight on Monday from Miami- will let you know how it goes! I do realize the risk involved with booking such an early flight, but it's one I'm willing to take in this situation

We made an 11am flight out of Miami in April and that was with the Ecstasy delayed getting back to port. We did self assist and FTTF and were sitting at our gate at 9:50 waiting for our flight. I was quite nervous as we were waiting to dock and one of the Carnival employees told me that I would make it with plenty of time to spare. He told me that a 10am is "usually" doable.

For what it's worth: I thought I would mention that since they renovated MIA airport, it is a long haul to get to some gates. I used to love to fly into MIA before they renovated it. The last time I flew into MIA though for my cruise (on American Airlines), it was a mess trying to get to my gate going home. Some signs are confusing if you are not used to the layout. I didn't think I'd ever get to my gate. And I'm a very seasoned traveler. I decided that was going to be my last time to use MIA.

I easily made a 10:05 flight from MIA last year- did self-assist platinum debarkation and was at my gate by 7:30. Going on the Victory tomorrow and have a 9:40 flight on Monday from Miami- will let you know how it goes! I do realize the risk involved with booking such an early flight, but it's one I'm willing to take in this situation

will you come back and tell us how you made out with that flight.

I am seeing a 9:30am flight-- LOL and wondering if I want to take my chance with it

Our travel agent recommended making flights 11:30 at the earliest. I went ahead and booked the transfer to the airport thru Carnival, hoping that they get us off the ship and there in plenty of time! Fingers crossed!

Don't worry, you'll be at the airport waiting and bored out of our mind for a couple of hours. :)

Waiting, bored, and sad that the cruise is over!

Thanks!

Lol so true! On the way there I could wait for hours and not have a care in the world. When I get off the ship I just want to get home ASAP!

That's a good time for a flight with no worries about missing it. Enjoy your cruise!

will you come back and tell us how you made out with that flight.

Hi, yes I did make the 9:40 flight yesterday, but it was very stressful. I was at my gate by about 8:50ish. I did platinum self-assist debark and was expecting the ship to be docked by 6:30 or so. I asked my cabin steward and a few other employees the last night of the cruise what time the ship docked and they said between 7:30 and 8-they were right. I was shocked to see us still sailing into port at 7:15! That is when I started to get stressed! There was another Carnival ship (Ecstasy I think) and a NCL and RC ship already docked, so I guess the Victory has a later docking time.

I walked off the ship at 7:50 and was one of the first people at customs...there weren't even any cabs waiting and I was the first one to be in line. It is imperative you do self-assist and are in the first group of people off the ship if you want to make an early flight. BTW, the Miami airport is always a zoo and yesterday was no exception. Security was very long and I was leaving from terminal E which was a far walk (US Air/AA flight). I was really stressed the whole time and it was not a good ending to my trip. I can't say I would ever book such an early flight again! One slip up and I would have been SOL!

I just double checked-- The splendor is supposed to dock at 8. Most times a ship is early other times not.

With an 8am docking I do not want to book that 9:30 I iwll check my other options

thanks for your feedback