Currently on Caribbean Princess 8/28-9/1

Posaune

Although you get to skip the second muster drill when doing back-to-back cruises, you'll find that all passenger services--food and beverages--will be closed for it. Get any food and drinks about a half hour before it's scheduled. We enjoyed swimming in the spa pool during the muster drill last December. Several crew members stopped to tell us about it, but understood when we let them know we were back-to-back passengers.

I'm afraid that the cat is out of the bag when it comes to shorts in the dining room. In the overall scheme of things, it doesn't bother me as much as people wearing baseball caps there. At least with the shorts you don't see them while they're sitting down. Our tablemate (adult male around 50 years old) wore them on our last CB cruise. On the formal night, he wore a polo barong, which is semiformal wear in the Philippines. It looks similar to the Cuban guayabera.

They're comfortable in a short sleeve version & look quite nice, even on formal evenings.

Although you get to skip the second muster drill when doing back-to-back cruises, you'll find that all passenger services--food and beverages--will be closed for it. Get any food and drinks about a half hour before it's scheduled. We enjoyed swimming in the spa pool during the muster drill last December. Several crew members stopped to tell us about it, but understood when we let them know we were back-to-back passengers.

I'm afraid that the cat is out of the bag when it comes to shorts in the dining room. In the overall scheme of things, it doesn't bother me as much as people wearing baseball caps there. At least with the shorts you don't see them while they're sitting down. Our tablemate (adult male around 50 years old) wore them on our last CB cruise. On the formal night, he wore a polo barong, which is semiformal wear in the Philippines. It looks similar to the Cuban guayabera.

...ok...I suppose I'll have to get used to it (saying that in a positive way). Hopefully, as you described, the more "comfortable" dress will stay decent and appropriate. (My body is young, but is my brain getting old?! :P )

We did the 8/23 and 8/28 cruises, and the reason some of us were late for the turnaround procedure was that it was scheduled to be @ 10:45AM on the 28th, and we were all set to be there on time. BUT .... at about 10:20 there was an announcement made over the ship's loudspeaker that the B2Bers should proceed to the Island dining room at once, as they were starting early. We rushed there right away, and found a huge crowd already in the corridor heading to the gangway. We had to make our way thru the crowd to get into the dining room to sign in before we could join the line. Everyone had to sit in the terminal for 20 minutes or so after going thru Immigration before we were allowed to reboard.

Since we didn't have to go to Muster Drill again, we took advantage of the aft , adults only!, pool being practically empty.

There were some "20-somthings" wearing very "cheeky", very short shorts in the dining room on the first night. I know the dress code is more relaxed that night, but I don't care how young you are and how great of a body you have .... I do not want to have to look at those " aft cheeks" as you sashay your way thru the dining room while I'm eating my dinner. UGH!!!

We did the 8/23 and 8/28 cruises, and the reason some of us were late for the turnaround procedure was that it was scheduled to be @ 10:45AM on the 28th, and we were all set to be there on time. BUT .... at about 10:20 there was an announcement made over the ship's loudspeaker that the B2Bers should proceed to the Island dining room at once, as they were starting early. We rushed there right away, and found a huge crowd already in the corridor heading to the gangway. We had to make our way thru the crowd to get into the dining room to sign in before we could join the line. Everyone had to sit in the terminal for 20 minutes or so after going thru Immigration before we were allowed to reboard.

Since we didn't have to go to Muster Drill again, we took advantage of the aft , adults only!, pool being practically empty.

There were some "20-somthings" wearing very "cheeky", very short shorts in the dining room on the first night. I know the dress code is more relaxed that night, but I don't care how young you are and how great of a body you have .... I do not want to have to look at those " aft cheeks" as you sashay your way thru the dining room while I'm eating my dinner. UGH!!!

...on what really happens from guests themselves. It's starting to make more sense about the delay from our B2B "Friends". :) Meh, so you know what, all you did was keep me from gaining even MORE weight! So, I actually should be thanking you! :P

And as for the dress-code, I think I've voiced enough on it, so I'll just nod my head in approval with what others saw and how they're feeling concerning the matter. nodding...smiling...nodding some more... ;)

I think "60 somethings" might bother me more than "20 somethings". ;)