grandeur of the seas room 8000

tammylynn729

Just booked the superior family state room 8000, on grandeur of the seas. It apparently has been remodeled and sleeps 8 and is over 500 sf. But I cannot find photos anywhere. All the websites give different dimensions and say it has a balcony which it doesn't. Does anyone who stayed in this room have photos?

Thanks!

Edited by tammylynn729
misspelled

Just booked the superior family state room 8000, on grandeur of the seas. It apparently has been remodeled and sleeps 8 and is over 500 sf. But I cannot find photos anywhere. All the websites give different dimensions and say it has a balcony which it doesn't. Does anyone who stayed in this room have photos?

Thanks!

Are you sure you are not confusing the category FF Family Ocean View stateroom, of which Grandeur only has one which I believe to be #8000, at 470 sq. ft. and sleeps up to 6, with the Royal Family Suites which have two bedrooms and sleep 8, the aft locations of which are more in the size you describe?

We've never stayed in #8000 but have stayed in #8084 which sounds more like the stateroom you are describing, but with a balcony as the website would indicate. #8000 is a FOV stateroom added during the refurbishment and there is not a lot of clear information about it IMO. Hopefully someone who has stayed in it can help.

Here is another thread discussing this stateroom that might help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1472280

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks!

I think your cabin is 426 sq. feet and sleeps 6, there is no balcony but you have 2 windows on the side of the ship. The wall of the cabin facing the front makes up part of the bridge. happy cruising

Thank you both. I was told it's 540 square feet. And that it sleeps 8. There are seven of us going so I hope thats accurate! I just find it odd there's no photo of this new room anywhere. I called customer service and the rep was very nice. She is supposed to be sending me a photo in the mail. She got it from a catalog they had.

Thank you both. I was told it's 540 square feet. And that it sleeps 8. There are seven of us going so I hope thats accurate! I just find it odd there's no photo of this new room anywhere. I called customer service and the rep was very nice. She is supposed to be sending me a photo in the mail. She got it from a catalog they had.

From the RCI website Grandeur page describing the Family Ocean View Stateroom which only shows #8000 as the applicable stateroom:

FF Family Ocean View Stateroom

One bedroom with lower twin beds, one bathroom with shower, living area with double sofa bed and lower two twin beds that convert to Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Capacity up to 6 guests.

(470 sq. ft.).

The description for the Royal Family Suites (#8018, #8518, #8084, #8584) is below. The two aft facing locations - #8984 as we had - are the larger two that I believe exceed 500 sq. ft. more to the size you describe and actually are configured to hold 8. (2 in the master, 4 in the second bedroom with two singles and two pullmans, and 2 in the living room on a queen sofa bed. There is no pullman in the living room - that is an error in the description:

FS Royal Family Suite

Two bedrooms with two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, two bathrooms (one with shower, one with bathtub), living area with double sofa bed and Pullman bed, and a private balcony. (486 sq. ft., balcony 58 sq. ft.)

I hope you are correct but I don't think the size is correct and I would confirm the capacity for 7 with the FOV. Perhaps they will bring in a roll away bed.

Either way enjoy your cruise.

Yes the problem is there's no updated info. It's called the superior ocean view family state room. I hope what they have told me is correct. Evidently the ship only has one room like this.

I just called the Crown & Anchor Diamond Plus representative as they usually have accurate information. Having never stayed in that stateroom and not usually trusting the RCI website I wanted to be sure that I was giving you good information.

I am pleased to report back that the website is not accurate (no surprise there!) and that per her and updated stateroom information as of July 2014 the stateroom will hold up to 8 and is 535 sq. ft. No balcony confirmed.

I am glad to not be steering you wrong and to have updated information for my knowledge as well. It looks like you did in fact get the correct information regarding your booking.

Enjoy!

Wow thank you. If I get the picture I will definitely post it!

Just glad the information you have is correct. It just wasn't sitting right with me hearing what they told you and needed to know for sure that I was not giving you bad direction.

Crown and Anchor loyalty reps in general are usually very good and the D+ desk is almost always correct in my experience.

Enjoy Grandeur - she is an great ship with an excellent crew. We've been on her three times and will return again.

BTW to your screen name, my wife's name is Tamara (Tami) Lynn - would that be yours as well?

I called about this cabin this morning and was told 535 sq. ft. A lot of mixed info out there. You will see two bathrooms, etc. My understanding is it's a king, two twins, two Pullman and a sleeper sofa so that's 8 but I think it's only one bathroom.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I called about this cabin this morning and was told 535 sq. ft. A lot of mixed info out there. You will see two bathrooms, etc. My understanding is it's a king, two twins, two Pullman and a sleeper sofa so that's 8 but I think it's only one bathroom.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yes - I believe there is only one bathroom. It was the rest of the information regarding total occupancy and size that was provided by C & A (in contradiction to the website) as you just confirmed. :)

• 4 months later...

we have not gone yet, we changed the date to leave February 21st. I plan on taking lots of pictures and will post them when I get back. I did call to confirm it is two bathrooms and 538 sf. I can't wait to go. We also sailed on Carnival and this is also our second cruise. :D

I did find a link for another ship in this forum with the same room, but I don't know how to attach it to this thread, but if you search Royal Carribean stateroom FF, you can probably find it, and she had quite a few pics. I believe the layout is the same...

Thank you and yes please let me know! Have fun!! I just looked at the pictures from that other thread. I had bruises on my arms from door handles our last cruise room was so small lol. This looks awesome. I am excited also :) Now I wait 338 days! Which destinations are you going to? Any excursions planned? Where did you go on your Carnival cruise? Which ship? Are you traveling with children? Sorry not trying to be nosey lol. I am new to cruising and would like to get the most out of it. Had some "wish I would have" from the first cruise, but still had an awesome time! Thanks!

Edited by 123kidsmichigan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hope you loved the room. I watched a video on Room 8012 on Enchantment, which is the same location as 8000 on Grandeur. We leave in 21 days and we have room 8000 booked too. I was hoping to see something definitive on the layout. But bettered to be surprised!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry I haven't been on to post pics. I just tried and it didn't attach but I will try again. The room was great. It was definitely big enough for all of us. And we got gold sea pass cards, which the suite guests receive. This will be important to you because you get access to reserved seating in the shows as well as private beach access when you are in labadee. The room itself has two bathrooms. One is in the separate bedroom which has 4 beds. Two upper and two lower. The living area has a queen bed I think, along with a sofa bed and two chairs. There is a lot of floor space and two sets of closets. There is a dresser with a flat screen tv. The separate bedroom also has a tv. The only downside is the location. We had some rocky wave days and you really feel it being all the way in the front. My youngest son got seasick. And a balcony would have been great but it was really a nice room and the perks of the gold card were nice! I would definitely book that room again. And Stuart the steward for our room was great! I was disappointed they didn't do the aerial show in the atrium at all with the dancers. I was really looking forward to that. I had to ask and was told they had " technical difficulties" and wouldn't be performing at all during our trip. All in all it was great. But the locals in Haiti and jamaica were very overbearing. Just be cautious if you go outside of the tourist areas. But it is a great family experience.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have pictures yet of the renovated state room 8000 on Grandeur of the Seas? I will be using this room in October and can not find any pictures and have been getting conflicting descriptions.

Thanks!

Does anyone have pictures yet of the renovated state room 8000 on Grandeur of the Seas? I will be using this room in October and can not find any pictures and have been getting conflicting descriptions.

Thanks!

Read through the entire thread as I believe the posts provide an accurate description of the stateroom from at least one poster - tammylynn729 - who stayed in it. Not sure if pictures are available but there is a reference to another thread that did have pictures of a similar stateroom on Enchantment, which prior to being stretched was Grandeur's sister ship. Maybe do a CC search to see if you can locate it.

I spent way too much of my life last year researching family oceanview staterooms when they ran their last KSF promotion. We ultimately ended up booking with NCL, I believe this is what you are looking for...it is a video from the Enchantment of the Seas, room 8012, but I believe it is the exact same room as the one on Grandeur being referred to. It took hours for me to find lol, so hopefully this helps :)

Warning, they spend about half the video looking for lights in the bedroom, so it's a little slow in the middle lol

• 1 month later...