"LIVE" from the VISION of the SEAS With Trainman-2 & Judith

Thanks, Jim. We're enjoying your review and appreciate the effort you are putting into it for our enjoyment. So glad they let you out of the bathroom before you had to beat you way out with your cane.

Emmy, thanks for sharing the link so we could see the Vision arrive. It was fun. We'll be on her for a few weeks soon. Can hardly wait.

There is a free shuttle tram running from the gangway and covering the entire dock area. There will be cabs waiting outside the gangway area offering 4-5 hour tours of the entire island. We shared with another couple and I think it was 20 pp.

The clock tower across from the ship has lots of interesting stores. We wandered thru after our taxi tour and then went back the next day when we decided we shoulda bought some stuff we passed up in our first visit. And its air conditioned.

Hamilton will be open on Saturday, your second Bermuda day, and will be pretty much shut down on Sunday, your third day. The ship leaves at 2 PM (on our June trip) and the NCL ship will be in sometimes Sunday morning. They do not share your shuttle.

The aerial show should be on the last day. If it starts at 8 PM get there early as the Centrum was packed and sightlines are iffy from the upper decks. Best to be watching from the Centrum floor level. It is difficult to photograph because of the speed of the performers and the ever shifting spotlights.

On our trip, every sea day the F&B department was cooking a paella dish on the pool deck, different combos every time, mostly rice and something. This was a change of pace from the usual.

Also, the Park Cafe located now at the end of the Solarium has some nice light dishes, sandwiches, wraps, etc.

It took days for us to get used to the idea that the WJ and the Solarium were at opposite ends of the ship from all the newer builds, from Voyagers up to Oasis classes.

Our sailing was heavily senior citizens and Floridians, that seems to be the case here as well.

Glad to read that Judith is getting better.

Edited by The Big Booper

Emmy, thanks for sharing the link so we could see the Vision arrive. It was fun. We'll be on her for a few weeks soon. Can hardly wait.

You are most welcome. It was a pretty sail in and fun for me personally to watch as I was on Vision doing this itinerary in June

Was interesting to watch Vision sail past both Summit and Breakaway before her arrival at the dockyard

10560402_10152361903606693_8187395514747135101_o.jpg

You are most welcome. It was a pretty sail in and fun for me personally to watch as I was on Vision doing this itinerary in June

Was interesting to watch Vision sail past both Summit and Breakaway before her arrival at the dockyard

emmy, I also appreciate you posting the webcam link! I enjoyed seeing those ships as well- and particularly the beautiful Vision! Thank you!

Trainman, I hope you and Judith had a restful night and are feeling good, and have a wonderful day!

CHOPS

We had dinner at chops last night and it was excellent! (for me)

Unfortunately, Judith still didn't feel like a heavy meal so she had some hot green tea and vanilla ice cream.

There has been a lot of complaining and moaning about the new Chops Menu so here it is. (I hope you can read them)

DSCN0532_zpseb36df18.jpg

DSCN0533_zps66ed6d54.jpg

The slices of bread and the cheese spread are gone! They have been replaced with rolls and seasoned butter.

DSCN0535_zpsef2275a3.jpg

The formerly excellent Onion Soup seems to be in a smaller bowl and although it was good, I would rate it "ordinary" because there weren't many onions in it.

DSCN0539_zps88ca202d.jpg

The Shrimp Cocktail was sort of strange. I have never seen shrimp like these before. They were big but without much flavor as if they had been cooked in plain boiling water with no seasoning. On the right there were some small slices of cucumber with lime juice. The round cucumber slice on top of the shrimp was covered with some sort of "Japanese Spices" which were supposed to be very spicy. I tried "rubbing" the shrimp onto it but never did taste any spices. The traditional red seafood sauce saved the day.

I was not impressed with the shrimp cocktail and will not order it again!

DSCN0542_zps04d55464.jpg

I ordered the 9 oz Filet Mignon "Medium Rare" and it was cooked perfectly! It came on a nifty plate with a depressed ring around it which contained some sort of "reduction" which was slightly sweet and very tasty.

DSCN0543_zpsf965cfd3.jpg

To be continued (Due to photo overload in this post)

CHOPS (Continued)

The waitress came by with some optional sauces and I selected the Bearnaise Sauce which is my favorite. It was excellent!

DSCN0544_zps73e39439.jpg

The Filet was a perfect cut of meat! I did not see any need to upgrade to an additional cost aged cut.

For my sides I had Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus. I asked for and got some Sour Cream to go with the Potatoes.

DSCN0545_zpse60053a9.jpg

A Sea Salt encrusted Baked Potato was available but I did not order one. I was brought up to eat the skin and if it is covered with sea salt, it is too salty to eat.

The Desert was excellent! The photo tells you what you need to know.

DSCN0546_zpsb28324cd.jpg

Overall, I still enjoyed CHOPS in spite of the changes and new menu.

I am sorry but I didn't think to take a photo of the Chops desert menu. We will be in Chops again in a day or two and I will get a photo.

Our Glass Bottomed Boat trip scheduled for today has been cancelled but the Ship booked us on one tomorrow morning.

All of the excursions from RCI today are booked so we are on our own.

It may be later this afternoon before I post again so

Please stand by...

emmy, I also appreciate you posting the webcam link! I enjoyed seeing those ships as well- and particularly the beautiful Vision! Thank you!

Trainman, I hope you and Judith had a restful night and are feeling good, and have a wonderful day!

Thanks a bunch... the webcam in Bermuda is a very pretty one to watch any time of the day. Don't forget to watch Vision sail tomorrow about

2 pm EST (3PM Bermuda)

We Are Back On The Ship And Totally Pooped!

We hired a taxi for $50/hour and if it was worth seeing on the Island, we saw it!

$225 total cost and I added a $25 tip.

Zillions of photos...

Judith said it was her best day ashore ever. And she was hungry and ate a normal lunch too.

Time for a nap and to stretch out on the bed. Even though our taxi was a small van like thing, I was folded into it like a pretzel.

More later...