• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Boxed Wine

2pbears

I always take a 3 liter box if wine. I haven't been asked for a corkage fee yet but I would gladly pay for the excess over the two bottle limit. I assume they would just charge for the excess amount the same as if you brought bottles. I just find the box easier to pack...no worries about a bottle breaking.

I always take a 3 liter box if wine. I haven't been asked for a corkage fee yet but I would gladly pay for the excess over the two bottle limit. I assume they would just charge for the excess amount the same as if you brought bottles. I just find the box easier to pack...no worries about a bottle breaking.

Exactly. I don't like packing bottles in checked luggage when flying and if you are flying out of the country it's not always easy to find good wine choices at your destination before you board the ship. We purchased the wine package on our last cruise but that did not work out very well for wine to drink on our balcony.

I have also carried a 3L box of wine in my carry on and not had a problem. I’ve done this at Fort Lauderdale and San Francisco. I think it is because they don’t expect you to drink it any where but your room and balcony, which is exactly where I drink it.