Does Celebrity Xpedition have an elevator?

We were recently on a Celebrity cruise, and while on board, we booked a cruise of the Galapagos Islands on Xpedition. I asked the agent if Xpedition had an elevator, as my wife is very limited when it comes to doing stairs, and he assured us that it does. Looking at the deck plans, I'm not so sure. Can anyone out there who's been on Xpedition confirm or deny for sure the existence of an elevator? Thanks!

We were recently on a Celebrity cruise, and while on board, we booked a cruise of the Galapagos Islands on Xpedition. I asked the agent if Xpedition had an elevator, as my wife is very limited when it comes to doing stairs, and he assured us that it does. Looking at the deck plans, I'm not so sure. Can anyone out there who's been on Xpedition confirm or deny for sure the existence of an elevator? Thanks!

No, no elevator on Xpedition. Deck 3 is best for cabins because main restaurant is also on that deck. For the landings every day, though, you will need to do a good deal of up stairs and down to get to the platform, and then into the zodiacs, which also involves some work both getting on and getting off.

Hope this helps.

As by ECCruise - no elevator - Darwin Restaurant is at deck 3 while the Discovery Lounge and exit to outer decks are on deck 4 - Stairs not that step or high.

Just note that Xpedition is never docked - so you need to do a panga ride from the pier to the ship when arriving. As well all excursions are by panga - however, Crew is however very, very helpful so doable.

Transfer from Airport to ship:

[YOUTUBE]4fKevIA5__w[/YOUTUBE]

Tour of Xpedition

[YOUTUBE]BA7dgOiCl1U[/YOUTUBE]

Panga ride for excursions: wet and dry landings:

[YOUTUBE]D3mVRgqPg7k[/YOUTUBE]

Besides the lack of an elevator, you also should know that many of the places you visit ( which do not involve wet landings) will require you to not only go up and down the steps in the panga but often to walk up and down rock stairs and/or wet and slippery rocks to get to the trail and then back to the panga. Some were not that hard but I found some of them a bit spooky, as I am not the most sure-footed person. I often thought to myself, "this would never be allowed in the US due to liability issues," and did see a couple people take tumbles on the rocks. Walking on the lava could be a bit tricky if your wife has any mobility issues. The water landings were easy, although to get back into the panga, you do need to be able to put one foot on this little piece of wood hanging by ropes and be strong enough to push off it and hoist yourself up onto the panga's edge and swing your legs over. I am sure my lack of grace provided amusement for others, but I quickly got to (sort of) enjoy the process. These caveats aside, it is a great trip.