• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Glory Deck plans

jjmsbu09

Just booked my first Conquest Class ship. I've read you can't walk front to back on the floors with the dining rooms/galley. Upon looking at the deck plans I see frayed out areas but exterior promenades on those decks. Can I access the back from the front by walking outside?

Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No. On decks 3 and 4, there is an outside promenade. You are allowed to access the promenade on Deck 3, but there is no access to the aft lobby area, just from the forward lobby. Deck 4 is where you board the lifeboats. The only time you could access the exterior deck is when they use to hold the muster drills outside near the lifeboats.

Now, deck 4 does have a way to get from the aft lobby forward, but it is inside as the galley is really on deck 3.

If you are at the aft (Platinum) dining room on Deck 4, you can walk through the Ivory Club lounge and, staying right, walk through to the forward (Gold) dining room. If you want to reach the atrium you have to walk through the dining room; if it's closed, there are stairs up to deck 5.

The other thing to remember is that every deck from 1 to 9 goes though from one end to the other except decks 3 and 4.

While it's true that you can't go from the front to the back on deck 3 (and you have to do some cutting through for deck 4), if you prepare yourself, this will never be an issue. If you are assigned to the aft dining room, when leaving your stateroom, go to the aft elevators/stairs on the floor of your stateroom, and then go to deck 3 or 4. Some people want to go to the deck first, and then go down the ship, which is why they get blocked. But by going to the back first, you won't get blocked. If you are on a deck 10 or 11 room, you might want to go down to deck 9 by stairs and make your way to the back of the ship to catch the elevators.

If you have the midship dining room, that makes it easier, as it can be accessed from either the forward or midship elevators/stairs. Just go to one of those first, then make your way to deck 3 or 4. You will never be blocked. I use this strategy to get to the dining rooms automatically, without even thinking. I had been on 5 cruises, never knowing that there was a blockade, until I read about it here on cruisecritic. Since then, I have made the mistake (at non-dining times) that wound up blocking me twice. So 2 times in 14 cruises, I have had to go up/down a flight, go down, and then return to the floor because of the blockade.