• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Princess Excursion and Grand Turk

obnurse

Can anyone tell me whether any of the snorkeling excursions offered by Princess go to "the wall" . We are traveling with some newbies and I know they would love to snorkel there, but the descriptions on the Princess website do not tell exactly where they go. Thanks in advance

I was in Grand Turk last year and we found a private operator that IMO gave us a much better experience than we would have had with a Princess excrusion. There were 12 us on the boat and he took us to the library and to the wall. I think we saw much more than we would have if we had been in a larger group - our guide was referring to the cruise-ship excrusions as the "cattle boats". We also got more time snorkeling since we weren't waiting on a huge group to take turns getting back into the boat. Check out Trip Advisor to find out the details of the private operators. To meet up with most of the private operators all you have to do is walk down the beach.

I have been to the "wall" with Blue Water Divers who do a great job and Princess's vendor which does a so so job. Princess's people feed the fish which gives me some concern also the size of the boat is a another issue....as I recall it was about 50 people which isn't a lot of fun. The wall is an experience but in most cases snorkeling is best at 10 to 12' not at 7,000 ft....having said that it can be fun watching the fish come over the wall.

http://www.grandturkscuba.com/

We took the Princess excursion a few years ago in Grand Turk; snorkelled at the wall, then went to a beach area afterward before returning to the ship.

We enjoyed the trip so much that we stopped by the excursion desk on board afterward to let them know.

Last February we did the Power Snorkel excursion along the wall thru Princess on Grand Turk. It was great fun, we saw lots of fish, the crew was very good and safety conscious but my only problem was when another snorkeler drove into me. I ended up with a souvenir bruise on my arm but I would readily do the excursion again. In fact I even looked up purchasing power snorkels for us (we live on the beach for 7 months of the year) -- maybe when we go back to Florida this fall!