• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Disembarking Question

St.petersburg

We are booked on Uniworld Castles on the Rhine, on the SS Antoinette July 2015. We end the river cruise in Amsterdam, wondering about the disembark time, specifically will we make the Amsterdam Airport for a 10:00-10:30 AM International flight to the US. Anyone with recent knowledge, experience?

Hi there. You should have received a rather lengthy pdf document when your deposit was submitted. It includes your invoice and the Terms & Conditions. Within that document there is information about transfer guidelines for arrivals and departures. On mine it's page 6 of the attachment and says flights must depart within the hours of 6 am and 6 pm. But I am on a different cruise than you (Tulips & Windmills) so it might be different for yours.

A few days before departure they will have a form in your room asking you to confirm your departure plans and then they will advise which transfer they think is best. They will make sure that you make your flight, presumably you're in Amsterdam the night before so transfers will leave as early as needed. We had 530am departures on my cruise last month and they sent them off on the bus with a boxed breakfast.