• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

symphony wifi

lahlah57

Husband wanted to know what the availability of WiFi will be on our ship. Doing voyage from Australia to indonesia. Is it a purchase item? We are not in a penthouse but a window cabin.

Wifi is available throughout most of the ship including all cabins regardless of category. You may bring your own device or use any of the computers in the computer university at sea.

Since this will be your first Crystal cruise, you will have to pay for access. However, you will receive 60 minutes free per person per day on your next cruise as you will then be Crystal Society members.

Wifi is available throughout most of the ship including all cabins regardless of category. You may bring your own device or use any of the computers in the computer university at sea.

Since this will be your first Crystal cruise, you will have to pay for access. However, you will receive 60 minutes free per person per day on your next cruise as you will then be Crystal Society members.

So, V4223 will be our 2nd Crystal cruise. You are saying that we each will have 60 min per day complimentary internet access even if we are only in a B2! I a must be mistake in thinking that this benefit started on V4224. Please advise.

Free Internet Access & Wi-Fi Service

Beginning Fall 2014, on Crystal Serenity voyage 4323 (September 19, 2014) and Crystal Symphony voyage 4224 (October 15, 2014), Crystal Society members (all guests traveling on their 2nd cruise and future or subsequent cruises thereafter) will receive free Internet/Wi-Fi service† for the duration of their cruise! Free internet/wi-fi service amenity (up to 60 minutes, per guest, per day i.e. 10-day voyage = 600 minutes per guest or 1,200 minutes per double occupancy stateroom) is exclusively available to Crystal Society members only. Additional minutes, over the total per guest, per day allotment, are available for purchase. Free internet/wifi service is combinable with Suite Amenity Program.

Additional wi-fi/internet access minutes may be purchased based on these available plans. Choose a plan that best suits your needs during your cruise:

• Plan A: “Pay as You Go” access for $0.74/minute.

• Plan B: 2 hours of access for $50 ($0.42/minute)

• Plan C: 5 hours of access for $115 ($0.38/minute)

• Plan D: 10 hours of access for $200 ($0.33/minute)

• Plan E: 25 hours of access for $300 ($0.20/minute)

(Internet rates and/or packages are subject to change at any time.)

†Note: Please be advised that the detailed description of our Wi-Fi Program as published in the original printing of our 2014/2015/2016 Cruise Fare & Itinerary Guide is a part of our Exclusive Crystal Society Savings (on page 52) and was inadvertently placed on the following page (53). Therefore this program does not appear to be a part of the exclusive society savings which it, in fact is. We have amended the online version of our Fare & Itinerary Guide to be correct and will also correct and re-clarify the program details upon our next publish date of November, 2014.

So, V4223 will be our 2nd Crystal cruise. You are saying that we each will have 60 min per day complimentary internet access even if we are only in a B2! I a must be mistake in thinking that this benefit started on V4224. Please advise.

It has nothing to do with category of cabin or suite!!!! On the symphony, this will bring on v4224, October 15th

Nancy

Second cruise you will get the 60 minutes of free internet per day per person and yours is the first cruise on the Symphony where you get this.

You will get all of the minutes day one.

Enjoy.

Keith

Keith, other posts in this thread seem to indicate that 4224 is the first applicable voyage. We are on 4223 so a bit confused. One would think the program would begin with 4223 as it's the first voyage after dry dock <wishful thinking>.

Keith, other posts in this thread seem to indicate that 4224 is the first applicable voyage

Crystal's web site says it begins on v.4224 @ http://www.crystalcruises.com/guidebook/benefits-program--43?JL=349&JLT=Wifi#jl - so unless Keith has info to the contrary I'm afraid you're out of luck and will have to purchase internet time. It does seem strange they don't plan to start it following the dry dock.

I guess the good news is that Internet and wifi hopefully gets improved during the dry dock

For those who are going to receive it remember it's 60 minutes per day per guest - so a couple will get two hours per day and further I believe it all gets allocated at the start of the cruise in one lump sum so you get to utilise however you choose ie you could choose to use it all on day one if you chose to. If you happen to be on a back to back any unused minutes apparently carryover to the second cruise

Edited by Bodogbodog

Keith, other posts in this thread seem to indicate that 4224 is the first applicable voyage. We are on 4223 so a bit confused. One would think the program would begin with 4223 as it's the first voyage after dry dock <wishful thinking>.

As I posted already, v4224 is the start of this new benefit...October 15th, symphony sailing. V4223 is the second sailing dater the dry dock. What I posted is correct. On the serenity, it will start on the September 19th voyage.

Nancy

Straight from the Crystal website and please read there!

http://www.crystalcruises.com/ContentPage.aspx?ID=166

Snippet from the website:

Just Announced! Complimentary Internet/Wi-Fi service on board

Beginning Fall 2014, on Crystal SERENITY voyage 4323 (September 19, 2014) and Crystal SYMPHONY voyage 4224 (October 15, 2014), Crystal Society members (all guests traveling on their 2nd cruise and future or subsequent cruises thereafter) will receive free Internet/Wi-Fi service for the duration of their cruise! Free internet/wi-fi service amenity (up to 60 minutes, per guest, per day i.e. 10-day voyage = 600 minutes per guest or 1,200 minutes per double occupancy stateroom) is exclusively available to Crystal Society members only. Additional minutes, over the total per guest, per day allotment, are available for purchase. Free internet/wifi service is combinable with Suite Amenity Program.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Kate

I based my answer on what is published on the Crystal Cruises Web Site.

I am assuming that is correct. :)

Keith

I based my answer on what is published on the Crystal Cruises Web Site.

I am assuming that is correct. :)

Keith - they are on v4223 - that's one BEFORE the "free" internet kicks in on Crystal Symphony as per the Crystal website. The website is correct but your advice earlier was not and is confusing people

I think you may be confusing Symphonys v.4224 implementation with Serenitys v.4323 implementation

It's a dyslexics nightmare :eek:

Keith - they are on v4223 - that's one BEFORE the "free" internet kicks in on Crystal Symphony as per the Crystal website. The website is correct but your advice earlier was not and is confusing people

I think you may be confusing Symphonys v.4224 implementation with Serenitys v.4323 implementation

It's a dyslexics nightmare :eek:

In post 7 I said that the internet begins on 4224.

My second sentence might have been confusing.

I should have said that is the second cruise as a followup in the second sentence.

Keith

My second sentence might have been confusing.

I should have said that is the second cruise as a followup in the second sentence

Keith you did say they would get "free internet"

yours is the first cruise on the Symphony where you get this.

You will get all of the minutes day one

And as their last cruise is v.4223 they and others are confused because that is not going to happen. They are not on v.4224 when it does start on Symphony

Edited by Bodogbodog

Auto correct or data corruption is killing you today Keith - but it sure makes for amusing reading :D

It does.

In my live post it kept changing things and some I caught and some I am sure I did not.

I think when we are back on in December I am going to turn off auto correct.

It has a mind of its own.

Someday it will probably just log on itself and start posting. Oh my gosh. :D

Keith

?............so what I am hearing is......as a first time cruiser this november is.......we get bumpkins in regards to wifi. :confused: so I must tell my husband he cannot keep track of his sporting events ( and there is not one he excludes). As well as keeping track of flight changes at the end of this voyage and an easy method for emergency contact?

Understood we can pay for $50 for 60 minutes for a 13 day cruise.....I wonder how that would be?:o

I took my first Crystal Cruise earlier this year. I purchased 2 hours of internet time for a 10 night cruise. This was enough time for me to log into my e-mail each day, read, delete and answer those that needed done. I did not log into CruiseCritic, Facebook, or other sites. I was on vacation and figured I could unplug. I am still working so it was nice to be able to access e-mails and keep up on things, even if it was just to delete those e-mails that I didn't have to deal with. Towards the end of the cruise, all passengers were given 20 or 30 min (I don't remember which amount) of free internet time to check in and print boarding passes. I'm hoping Crystal will still do this, even with the free internet time for Crystal Society members.

Understood we can pay for $50 for 60 minutes for a 13 day cruise.....I wonder how that would be?:o

It's actually Two hours for $50 - or go "Pay as you go"

• Plan A: “Pay as You Go” access for $0.74/minute

• Plan B: 2 hours of access for $50 ($0.42/minute)

There is the small complimentary allowance at the end of the cruise to confirm flights etc - someone will chime in with the details of that I'm sure

Crystal will give complimentary 20 minutes Internet, added to the account, 24hrs before (1) day prior to disembarkation.

Don't forget to bring Passport and CC (for baggage) to check in.

This is a a snippet from the Daily Reflections.

However, after I have checked in I have used my remaining time later in the day to check emails until time has run out. So, 20 minutes plus any remain balance of time if one purchase a package is all yours.

Kate

Unlike some other lines, your internet package time is available almost until you walk off the ship on the last day. Good thing since we didn't use all we purchased as it was! We found the internet on Serenity much improved from our last time on her in 2011, so would assume Symphony will be the same after drydock. A BIG but here, though, is that with everyone using their free 20 minutes for airline check in on the last day, response time dropped from the level of a so-so DSL connection to a REALLY BAD dial-up connection! You could measure page loading with a sundial it was that bad! If you can avoid using it at all on the last day you will save yourself a lot of frustration!:eek:

Edited by Roland4

?............so what I am hearing is......as a first time cruiser this november is.......we get bumpkins in regards to wifi. :confused: so I must tell my husband he cannot keep track of his sporting events ( and there is not one he excludes). As well as keeping track of flight changes at the end of this voyage and an easy method for emergency contact?

I would get a larger plan. Just have him think through how many minutes per day he needs.

If you have an iPad load Press Reader on it. If not, he can rent one on board and you have complimentary access to around 20 newspapers including one from Australia so he could read the sports section.

And when in port you can look for free wi-fi access.

I am sure you both will have a wonderful cruise and it is a good opportunity to enjoy all that Crystal has to offer.

Keith

you have complimentary access to around 20 newspapers including one from Australia so he could read the sports section.

They are from California so I suspect he'd want a US paper to read

Just out of interest which Australian paper is available?