Holiday Inn Port of Miami - Family Suite

Aviendah

I need to book a hotel for a 2 night stay before we depart in March on our 8 day cruise. We will have 4 adults and 5 children (15,15,9,6,5) with us. We are trying to be budget friendly and I have points with Holiday Inn I can use. The Holiday Inn POM looks decent though not 5 star and the location looks good for our needs. I also thought it would be fun for the kids to be able to see the ships as this will be the first cruise for the little ones.

I'm trying to decide if the family suite would be cramped with all of us. We camp together all the time so close quarters is nothing new for us. If you have experience with the family suite I would appreciate a review. Thanks in advance!

"Newly renovated and beautifully designed this room is the perfect place for your family it sleeps up to 8 people with 2 double beds 1 king bed and a pull out sofa it offers all of the standard amenities complete with a refrigerator and microwave in addition to a large sitting area to entertain."

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn POM in the past and are again in January before our cruise on the Glory. We have 5 adults in 1 room with 1 bathroom but for 1 night we can handle it. It is a nice hotel with plenty to do at Bayside Market Place across the street.

Bruce

The description says it sleeps up to 8 people and you have 9.

Will they let you book that room?

If you do get that room, I'd draw lots as to who gets the sofa bed.

We had a suite once with the sofa bed and it was horrid to sleep on. Never again.

The description says it sleeps up to 8 people and you have 9.

Will they let you book that room?

If you do get that room, I'd draw lots as to who gets the sofa bed.

We had a suite once with the sofa bed and it was horrid to sleep on. Never again.

We were 5 adult ladies in one of those rooms. i got the sofa bed.. which i wanted. but it was horrid indeed! you could feel the metal bars . So one of the ladies called the front desk, and they sent someone to take care of it.Our friend asked them to bring a new mattress... which they did... it was still uncomfortable. So they brought pillow top mattress covers and extra blankets.. and it ended up being the most comfy one in the room... They really need to change those beds out... but it worked for me...and kudos to the staff that worked so hard for it to be so.

Holiday inn pom Is a great hotel i have stayed there pre cruise Three times $24 cab ride plus tip from the miami airport and $10 cab ride from hotel to the port and that includes tip the bay side market place is right across the street from the hotel you have some retail shopping you have cart vendors cafe and resturants you can book tours right there as well there is a CVS two blocks down they sell anything you might have forgotten or couldnt pack due to airline restrictions i also never felt unsafe walking around at night from bayside market to the hotel but a few block behind the hotel gets a little sketchy hope this helps

We have also stayed many times at the HIPOM - always in a family suite. As far as sleeping arrangements go - I don't think they will let you book the room with nine people. (fire laws prohibit this for a reason.) The sofa bed - as others have said- is not comfy at all. I sleep in it with one of my dd's, and it is indeed a sleepless night! If you get one room free with points (as we do) it might be worth the cost to split the cost of another room. The prices are usually reasonable there - we have never paid more than $180 - and that is always at peak holiday time periods. Or get 2 rooms if you have enough points. We sometimes "pay" with a combo of points/cash to save some of our points for more expensive hotels. It is a shame to waste 20-35,000 pts on a $180 hotel room. We save the points for NYC hotel rooms which run $300-400. The hotel is very adequate for a night or two, and you can't beat the location - right across from Bayside Marketplace, the park, the marina, and really close to the port.

Firstly, if the room is for eight people and you have nine, that is against fire code and they won't let you book the room.

Nor would I want to stay with nine people in a hotel room. Camping is a different story.

Why don't you stay at the Holiday Inn on Miami beach? Put those points towards THREE rooms and have a few days at the beach before you leave.

Staying downtown is okay for ten hours or so but not much more.

Even the Holiday Inn Coral Gables would be much better.

The HIPOM is overpriced for what you get.

I don't have any experience with that particular room, but as others have said, they will likely not allow you to book that room with 9 people since it's a room for 8. That is something to consider.

However, the hotel is a really nice hotel. I was really surprised. The location is great and theres plenty to do within walking distance. We would absolutely stay at this hotel again pre-cruise.

Thanks everyone for your replies. We did speak with the HIPOM last night and ended up reserving 2 rooms for 2 nights. The family of 5 has a room with 2 beds and a sofa sleeper, with a bay view.

Given the proximity to Bayside Marketplace and Lummus Park beach I think this hotel location will work well for our needs and budget.