Cruise Critic Community
DKnight

Excursions

Hello,

I'll be on my first cruise with my kids and these excursions are pricey. I'll be on Carnival Cruise line, ship is the Fascination..we'll be porting in Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay..at Little Stirrup Cay they have the water activities and my question is, can I just pay for the activities there at my leisure, can we bring our own snorkel gear and do so at our leisure? Thanks

There is no need to book excursions through the cruiseline.

At the private beach (Little Stirrup Cay), you can do your own thing. Bring your own snorkel gear, swim at the beach, etc. There are plenty of free "beach day" kind of things to do, so it doesn't have to cost a dime extra, unless you want to.

For Nassau, go to the ports of call board here, and read about all the various things to do there that you can arrange on your own. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=58

Edited by DonnaK

Since Little Stirrup Cay is a private island owned by Carnival. There will be no independent tour operators there like you will see in other ports. You can bring your own gear and do your own thing.

Hello,

I'll be on my first cruise with my kids and these excursions are pricey. I'll be on Carnival Cruise line, ship is the Fascination..we'll be porting in Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay..at Little Stirrup Cay they have the water activities and my question is, can I just pay for the activities there at my leisure, can we bring our own snorkel gear and do so at our leisure? Thanks

Be sure to research what their rules are. On Royal Caribbean's island they made us rent vests for I guess our safety and safety of the reef. Also, my daughter wanted to do the aqua park thing with her friends. They had all pre-booked it and when we inquired on the island, there were no more spaces available. I get all my cruises confused, but I think also on the royal island if you pre book the waverunner ride first thing in the morning you get the second rider for free. That was a big savings for our family of four if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Hi all, we are cruising in November on NCL and we are considering booking the parasailing on Great Stirrup Cay. (We know, the port might be cancelled at that time of year...). I read about the excursion on the NCL site and it left me with questions that customer service couldn't answer. We have seven people in our party, would one of us has to parasail with someone from another group or would they let one of us go single? We are sort of struggling with the weight restriction for the same reason... no matter how I pair up everyone in the group, there is always one group over the weight limit. Has anyone done this and would they let maybe the two bigger people in our group go it alone? THANKS!!!

You should be able to bring your own snorkel gear and use it t your leisure. Other water activities will probably still be available but there is no guarantee. Enjoy!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

You can take your own snorkel equipment or rent it there. They may make you rent vests.

LuLu