Marriott Empire hotels for Bayonne

The Big Booper

Yes there is a Marriott at EWR. I am sure that there are others of the Marriott brand close-by. When I have considered flying into EWR and wanted a pre-cruise hotel, I decided that I would stay at the Marriott at EWR. It is the closest to the terminals, I believe.

The Marriott Brand hotels are very popular at EWR and we recommend them all the time.

The Marriott near the terminals is the master full service Marriott at the airport. The Renaissance is the boutique Marriott. The Courtyard Elizabeth and Residence Inn are in a nicer area by the Jersey Gardens Mall, which is a good location if you have time to kill at EWR. The other Marriott properties are relatively isolated with absolutely no place to go on foot.

The Marriott Brand hotels are very popular at EWR and we recommend them all the time.

The Marriott near the terminals is the master full service Marriott at the airport. The Renaissance is the boutique Marriott. The Courtyard Elizabeth and Residence Inn are in a nicer area by the Jersey Gardens Mall, which is a good location if you have time to kill at EWR. The other Marriott properties are relatively isolated with absolutely no place to go on foot.

What is the best way to get from the JetBlue terminal to the big Marriott at the airport and the best way to get to the pier the next day. Does the hotel have shuttle service at all. And how close is Jersey Gardens to the airport?

This is all so new to us. We will be driving back to Boynton from Canaveral so don't have to worry about luggage after the flight up from PBI. And living in Florida, we do miss NJ being no sales tax on clothing.:D

All the airport hotels have shuttles. You have two options. You can take your luggage up the escalators or elevators to the Free Airtrain and ride to the P4 station to pick up the hotel shuttle or you can take a cab.

It's about 2.5 miles to the Jersey Gardens Mall from the Marriott.

To get to the port you need to arrange a car service pickup for about $50-60. Many folks use Dial7 or Carmellimo.

Edited by 138east

Our family just stayed at the Courtyard in Jersey City and it was great. That would be an option if you want to spend the extra cab money to get there. If you're arriving early on Oct 31 and have time to kill and you can get a free room, that might be a fun option since you could easily run into NY for the evening.