B2B transition day: can I stay on boat

DFAD2

Doing B2B cruises on Reflection in April. Will be changing rooms. Do I need to get off the boat or can I stay on board in a lounge. If I need to get off, roughly what time will they kick me off and can I re-enter at will or do I need to stand in line with all the new arrivals? Any other info appreciated.

Doing B2B cruises on Reflection in April. Will be changing rooms. Do I need to get off the boat or can I stay on board in a lounge. If I need to get off, roughly what time will they kick me off and can I re-enter at will or do I need to stand in line with all the new arrivals? Any other info appreciated.

you have to get off ship . You don't have to stand in line ,you just show your boarding pass and go on when they start.

We have done several b2b out of Miami with Celebrity and Disney. Each time we have been given precise instructions about meeting in a certain place from where we were taken off the ship by a member of staff. This has been after everyone else has departed. You have to go through customs and then you are given new cards to either spend the day in port or get back on the ship.

On our celebrity b2b cruises we have gone off to spend the day in Miami. - no need to check in as it has all been done - just get back on the ship. With Disney we decided to stay on board as we had our grandson - not really ideal as most things were not open, pool, restaurants, etc as the staff were cleaning all public areas.

I don't know if you would be allowed in the cabin areas until the official time - but they would have to make some arrangements for you to move your things as they would want to get your cabin ready for other cruisers. We have always kept the same cabin but I am sure others will be able to help you regarding moving.

you have to get off ship . You don't have to stand in line ,you just show your boarding pass and go on when they start.

Not correct! You need not leave the ship. You can go to a lounge or the pool. You will receive the information in your cabin about your choices. You may or may not have your Seapass card if you leave the ship. If you don't have it you will usually go to the Pier Coordinator to pick it up. They usually have a time to meet if you are staying on the ship and your new card will be given to you at that time. I've done this many times in different ports and it is quite easy even if you are changing rooms.

Thanks. To clarify, the actual transition day is in Civitevechia

I've stayed on and gotten off in Civitavecchia without any problems. You will take the shuttle from the ship to the port entrance if you decide to leave the ship. The bus is marked and you'll have no trouble getting it.

You will not need to leave the ship. It will be yours for the day. Just relax, use the pool, unless you want to get off. They will help you move your clothing as soon as your new room is ready, and they will get it ready early. they will give you instructions about a day or two before the 1st cruise ends. Enjoy B2Bs are a lot of fun

We just completed a back to back out of Southampton and we were given the option of getting off the ship early and having a special pass for re-embarking, or staying on board, getting our new sea passes and then either staying on board or going off later. It was all very well done!

Thanks. To clarify, the actual transition day is in Civitevechia

I've stayed on and gotten off in Civitavecchia without any problems. You will take the shuttle from the ship to the port entrance if you decide to leave the ship. The bus is marked and you'll have no trouble getting it.

DFAD2 - is the first leg of your cruise the Transatlantic from Miami to Civitevechia? I know that at most (or all) EU ports you do not have to go through customs and immigration but this might be different if your arrival at that port is your first entry into the EU. I'd think you'd have to go through customs and immigration under that circumstance but I've never done that so I can't say for sure.

Not to worry! :) Celebrity will give you all the information you need to know days before you arrive. And your stateroom attendant will coordinate your move to the next stateroom. It's all really quite simple. Just relax and enjoy!

DFAD2 - is the first leg of your cruise the Transatlantic from Miami to Civitevechia? I know that at most (or all) EU ports you do not have to go through customs and immigration but this might be different if your arrival at that port is your first entry into the EU. I'd think you'd have to go through customs and immigration under that circumstance but I've never done that so I can't say for sure.

We were on the April 2013 TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona. On that particular sailing the 300 or so B2B passengers were asked to deliver their passports to Guest Relations a few days prior to arriving in Barcelona. We then picked up our passports, new sea pass cards and so forth at one of the lounges and left the ship. We quickly presented our passports to Immigration officials and left for the day.

Given the number of B2B passengers Celebrity had several shore excursions available for purchase. We had planned to go to Montserrat on our own, but one of the excursions was a trip there. We rarely do ship sponsored shore excursions, but given the distance and length of the trip that was one time we did indeed purchase a X shore excursion.