• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Please share info for Bodrum Turkey and Korcula Croatia

gam888

We are visiting Bodrum and Korcula in October. Would you please share your experience with these ports. If they are walking distance from the pier into the town. If you can do a DIY excursion. If you booked with a local vendor, where do they bring you and the price..etc. Thanks in advance.

First of all if you go back to the Ports of Call page - europe - other Mediterranean ports and do a search. Look to the right of the blue bar near the top of the page, you will find previous posts, including from me. Search for each port separately.

The short answer is that these are both great ports and very easy to do on your own.

In Bodrum there is a free ferry which docks beside where our ship docked and which will take you across the harbour. We took it across, toured the castle with its wonderful archaeology museum and then wandered around, slowly making our way back to the shop. It is one of my favorite port stops.

We were in Korcula on a land tour with a car but there were two ships there when we arrived. I believe they both tendered into town. It is a small, very walkable town with lots of little shops and restaurants. Marco Polo was from there and there is a small museum about him.

Edited by maryann ns