• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Been away for a while, some questions?

mom23guys

I haven't sailed Princess in a while, two not so great experiences in a row, but decided to give Princess another shot. There was a lot I liked about Princess and they've changed their smoking policy so I'm going to try it again (No discussion please)

1. We used to buy a coffee card to get espresso based drinks and also great fresh brewed coffee. Do they still have those? My husband has one from three years ago will that work still?

2. What type of shower gel and shampoo do they use?

3.Do they still have ice buckets and ice water in the room?

4. If I buy a bottle of wine at dinner and I don't finish it will they still hold it for use the next night, even in anytime dining?

5. We are going to try the bungalows at Princess Cays can you ask for a specific one (we need shade) and which one to ask for?

Thanks for any and all answers. CC is most helpful.

We were just on the Golden Prncess had. A great cruise. You can us an old coffee card for specialty coffees but if it has the voyage number or ship name or date on the back you cannot use it for the free brewed coffee as the current card from the ship you are on gives you this privalage but many times nothing is filled in on the back of the card. Ours were not filled in on this voyage.

Body wash and shampoo combo cream rinse are a different scent then the individual containers were on past cruise. They are in mounted containers in the shower. The bar of soap is 1/2 as thick as they used to be but enough for a one week cruise.

You can have them put away your unused portion of wine for your next dinner.

They have the ice bucket service and it is placed in your fridge.

I do to know anything about Princess Keys.

Hope your cruise is as great as ours was.

I haven't sailed Princess in a while, two not so great experiences in a row, but decided to give Princess another shot. There was a lot I liked about Princess and they've changed their smoking policy so I'm going to try it again (No discussion please)

1. We used to buy a coffee card to get espresso based drinks and also great fresh brewed coffee. Do they still have those? My husband has one from three years ago will that work still?

4. If I buy a bottle of wine at dinner and I don't finish it will they still hold it for use the next night, even in anytime dining?

5. We are going to try the bungalows at Princess Cays can you ask for a specific one (we need shade) and which one to ask for?

1. Yes coffee card still available. Your old one will work to get you specialty coffees by using up the remaining punches but will not get you fresh brewed coffee. To get the fresh brewed the card is only good on the sailing it was purchased on.

2. The new shower gels, etc aren't nice like he old Lotus Spa ones in the packets. We take our own now.

3. Your cabin attendant will keep you stocked on ice if you let them know that's what you want.

4. Yes, and they'll retrieve it even if end up in a different dining room or specialty restaurant.

5. Can't help here.

1) yes, if it still has punches left on it

2) bring your own :(

3) ice yes water no

4)yes

5) they are assigned, you cannot pick.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

5) they are assigned, you cannot pick.

But if you get there early (or if they aren't all reserved) and find out they put you in the sun -- which is exactly what happened to us last February -- go to a supervisor right away and ask to be switched.

In our case, it was switch us or give us our money back since I emphasized that we had made our reservation when they opened and there was no way I could sit in the sun all day. Lo and behold they gave us the choice of a number of bungalows in the shade!

Edited by capriccio

But if you get there early (or if they aren't all reserved) and find out they put you in the sun -- which is exactly what happened to us last February -- go to a supervisor right away and ask to be switched.

In our case, it was switch us or give us our money back since I emphasized that we had made our reservation when they opened and there was no way I could sit in the sun all day. Lo and behold they gave us the choice of a number of bungalows in the shade!

So if they did not have any empty ones you would have demanded your money back? An air conditioned bungalow in the Caribbean covered in sunlight? Who'd a thunk.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

So if they did not have any empty ones you would have demanded your money back? An air conditioned bungalow in the Caribbean covered in sunlight? Who'd a thunk.

Absolutely - there were 4 of us and while the bungalow has a dining table and 4 chairs you can't lounge in it. Most of the bungalows have palm trees to provide shade (you move your lounge around as necessary). Not everyone can (or should for that matter) sit in the sun for an entire day. I definitely cannot. There are only a couple of bungalows without shade (I gather due to a storm a couple of years ago). In our case they had no trouble moving us - we were early. I don't know if we displaced anyone - I don't think so since there were empty bungalows all day.

My lesson learned if we rent one again: they wait until the day before or so to 'assign' bungalows. Stop by the excursion desk and make sure you request one with shade.

Edited by capriccio

I checked yesterday for you. Cabanas 7 thru 12 are shady, surrounded by palm trees. These are farther from the main action, the bars and the kids swimming area. There are stairs down to the water in front of these cabanas and a few people snorkel there. We just paddled out and floated for a while.

Thank you all for your replies. It is especially good to know the numbers of the shaded bungalows, so thank you more cruises. We've been to Princess Cays before and finding shade was a real problem. We didn't have priority tender ticket so had to wait quite a bit before getting off the ship so all shade was taken by the time we got there. We walked around and went right back to the ship. It was a waste so this year we decided to reserve a bungalow.