• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Atlantis on Spring Break?

Beachiekeen

Hubby, myself and a friend are looking to do a Carnival Cruise that would put us in Nassau on March 19 from 7:00am-5:00pm. My idea was to go to Atlantis for the day but now I'm wondering if that's the worst idea ever. I see so many reports of crowds, lines, no chairs, etc., I wonder if it's worth it. Also concerned that we might not have enough time. This is my first cruise and I don't know how long it takes to actually get on and off the boat, how long to plan to get back to the boat, etc. There will be 4 boats in port that day including ours.

Would we be better off doing a day pass at a resort? I would love to see Atlantis but having drinks on a nice swimmable beach or at a nice pool would be fine also. Or should we do the Atlantis one that just gets us to the beach and not the resort? I also thought Breezes sounded nice since it's adults only. Any advice welcome.

Edited by Beachiekeen

Hubby, myself and a friend are looking to do a Carnival Cruise that would put us in Nassau on March 19 from 7:00am-5:00pm. My idea was to go to Atlantis for the day but now I'm wondering if that's the worst idea ever. I see so many reports of crowds, lines, no chairs, etc., I wonder if it's worth it. Also concerned that we might not have enough time. This is my first cruise and I don't know how long it takes to actually get on and off the boat, how long to plan to get back to the boat, etc. There will be 4 boats in port that day including ours.

Would we be better off doing a day pass at a resort? I would love to see Atlantis but having drinks on a nice swimmable beach or at a nice pool would be fine also. Or should we do the Atlantis one that just gets us to the beach and not the resort? I also thought Breezes sounded nice since it's adults only. Any advice welcome.

Atlantis during spring break will be a zoo. And same day passes may be restricted.

Nassau is indeed a party town during spring break, so finding relaxing beach or pool is a chore.

Most hotels that offer day passes will be the pretty much taken over by breakers. .

More out of the way spots like compass point or Sandals (couples only) will not allow spring breakers and have pool service.

Hotels such as melia are large enough to accommodate without too much of a hassle.

Breezes will be overflowing with Spring Break partiers.

Melia and Breezes do not have beach/pool service.