• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Celebrity's website and or activities on the ship question

txflood33

I thought I remember seeing on the website once there was a wine tasting/class on the ship...we will be on the Reflection Oct 6.....I can't seem to find it now

Did I imagine it? Confuse it with something else? I thought I saw it with excursions....if it exists, is it something you need to sign up for quickly?

Just curious

I thought I remember seeing on the website once there was a wine tasting/class on the ship...we will be on the Reflection Oct 6.....I can't seem to find it now

Did I imagine it? Confuse it with something else? I thought I saw it with excursions....if it exists, is it something you need to sign up for quickly?

Just curious

In our experience, there are usually a few wine tasting events each sailing... In the past they have been announced in "Celebrity Today" and held in Cellarmasters. They typically feature a particular varietal or region (ie Sparkings & Champagnes - Bordeaux Region - Wines of Spain etc).

For these types of Wine Tastings, there is a cost... If memory serves me right last year we were paying $ 15 or $ 20 per person. And the event went on for over an hour, the pours were generous and the Sommelier very knowledgeable.

The other big Wine Event aboard is the Riedel Workshop. This is where a Sommelier leads you thru a Wine Tasting using Riedel Glassware and explaining the reason for the different shaped glasses for each wine (to enhance bring out the aromas & flavours).

There is some experimentation involved, where you get to try wines in the "wrong" glasses as well as the "right" ones. Fascinating to see the differences.

This workshop is pretty expensive at around $ 75 to $ 100 per person if I recall correctly... That used to include some Riedel Glassware, but I am not sure if they do that anymore... Maybe someone who has done the Workshop recently can chime in on that fact

The Riedel Workshop is not a large event... So it can fill up fast. It is also bookable on the Celebrity Website (when it is working... See it is not as I type this :rolleyes: ).

You I'll find it listed on the Beverage Packages Page... Which is found in the Onboard Experience Section

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Perfect info! Thank you.

I was able to locate it and get us signed up. I'm glad I asked rather than waiting until we got on the boat...it says for the Riedel class you must be signed up a minimum of 4 days prior to departure.

Thanks again

They will even ship your glasses home so that you don't risk breaking them during your travel. Unfortunately, I have broken several at home in the last year so I feel like I must sign up for the workshop again! :)