Free Onboard Credit

Seany527

When was the last time Carnival offered free On Board Credit when booking? I feel like Carnival always had a "Book now and get $50 in OBC" type sale I even think last year around this time (October) they were giving $200 in OBC per stateroom.

It's been a while since any was offered. Anyone think a promo like this will happen again soon or were those just a short lived sale?

Carnival offered it a few weeks ago with the Diamond/Platinum offers with 100% of the fare being refunded as onboard credit. Keep in mind, you can also receive onboard credit from booking onboard and for being a shareholder.

And I missed the window by 3 minutes! i finally made the decision to go ahead and do it.. ran to my computer... by the time I got logged on.. it was too late :(:( wondering if I will get any more offers like this...

And I missed the window by 3 minutes! i finally made the decision to go ahead and do it.. ran to my computer... by the time I got logged on.. it was too late :(:( wondering if I will get any more offers like this...

Princess is offering the same promotion for many short cruises between now and November if you're interested. Reference promo code "RG-" if calling.

Edited by Disconnections

Princess is offering the same promotion for many short cruises between now and November if you're interested. Reference promo code "RG-" if calling.

thank you for letting me know this. However the free cruise offer I was getting was pay 200, get 200 an the 200 obc was offer even when booking

solo.

thank you for letting me know this. However the free cruise offer I was getting was pay 200, get 200 an the 200 obc was offer even when booking

solo.

Princess you can book solo and get a $400 onboard credit right now.

Check the short cruises in October and November. This deal is still alive for a couple. A few went from a 200obc to 150. As a solo, double the OBC and double the cruise fare.

http://www.princess.com/find/searchResults.do?trade=C,J&ship=CB,IP,RU&duration=0&port=FLL&date=1014,1114&src=E&utm_source=DM_YM&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=TACTICAL&utm_content=PE4GW005B_405B

Edited by Disconnections

Insight on price drops and OBC.

I believe when the price drops you only get either the obc or upgrade when you originally book with the early saver. I originally booked under a super saver then the price of the cabin for two of us went down $100 and my PVP said "nope" and he even got his manager involved to see if they could do something..

Insight on price drops and OBC.

I believe when the price drops you only get either the obc or upgrade when you originally book with the early saver. I originally booked under a super saver then the price of the cabin for two of us went down $100 and my PVP said "nope" and he even got his manager involved to see if they could do something..

PVP should have explained the rules of your booking when you booked whether it be super saver, early saver, etc.

Bill

Just wanted it out there for everyone else to know prior to booking to be able to get the best deal.

I understand completely.

I was just posting that for the many people who book and have no clue what they booked.:)

I read so many post of how do i find out what rate i booked under? How many price drops can i get with early saver, is it limited to just one?

Can i get price drops with early saver after final payment dates, etc.

I think travel agents and PVPs should inform people when they book. If you book directly through the website the onus is on you to know the rules.

Bill

Carnival offered it a few weeks ago with the Diamond/Platinum offers with 100% of the fare being refunded as onboard credit. Keep in mind, you can also receive onboard credit from booking onboard and for being a shareholder.

quick question, I'm Platinum and didn't receive this offer, is there someplace special I need to sign into?

quick question, I'm Platinum and didn't receive this offer, is there someplace special I need to sign into?

It was offered a few weeks ago and is probably now long expired. It was offered to all Diamond members and was targeted to select Platinum guests. Offers, if available, will show up under VIFP Offers on Carnival.com.

It was offered a few weeks ago and is probably now long expired. It was offered to all Diamond members and was targeted to select Platinum guests. Offers, if available, will show up under VIFP Offers on Carnival.com.

I received the offer by email but my husband did not. (We are both Platinum.)

I'm taking my mom on a cruise. We are sailing Victory, four days, Lido balcony cabin, $140 pp PLUS $100 obc for Mom and $150 obc for me. (Yay, stockholder benefit!) Since taxes and fees are paid with the cruise fare, gratuities will take $48 of the obc. Wonder if we can buy gift cards on the ship with the remainder of the credit. If not, any other way to get the $$?

Edited by stargate fan

I got a total of $475 OBC when I booked two Breeze cabins through an online TA during their Labor Day sale several weeks ago, plus 50% deposit. It was ES rate, so I guess I won't even bother looking for price drops, as it would probably end up costing me if what I'm reading on these posts is correct.