• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

When will this sale end - they keep extending it

taylortime05

Is anyone ready for this sale to end? I keep waiting hoping that I will see prices come down a little.

Also, I know a lot of people say they got great deals when the Kids sail free started in spring of this year for first time. Do you think we see deals like that again.

I work and live in Michigan so I can't take advantage of last minute deals and I have seen a few of those recently.

I agree! I've been waiting for it to end to try to get a room at a decent price for grandpa and my daughter... or for the 3rd person price to not be ridiculous for the room I've already booked for myself and hubby.

I was Loyal to Royal but their pricing frustrations made me take a look elsewhere... see signature. While Disney is higher than Royal I at least feel like I am paying a fair price for my not quite 1 year old. We will see in about 2 weeks if we think the overall cost difference is worth it. :p

I am not booking anything else until it ends and I've never viewed it as a sale and no one I personally know has gotten a great deal on anything yet.

I guess it doesn't pay for you to do your homework as far as prices go.

waiting until after final payment again,

Esmerelda

Apparently it is working. :p

That is the problem.

I really believe that you have a lot of new, unsavvy perhaps, cruisers who are paying these prices. This is a problem on many cruise lines, including Celebrity. We have 8 cruises booked and deposited (most many months ago including two with the original BOGOHO). When comparing prices, some have gone up only 25% but some have gone up 100% and in one case, nearly 150%. Cannot believe that there will be people in a nearby cabin that will have spent nearly 2 1/2 times what we did for the same accommodation. Yes, there are always variances but can never remember anything like that before.

And yes, as long as people keep ponying up for the (IMHO ridiculous) pricing, they will keep the "sales" going. You can call it "supply and demand" but I see LOTS of unsold cabins on some of our cruises, including one traditionally sold out many months in advance (a TA) that leaves in around 45 days.

Funny thing is they hit final payment date and get a lot of cancellations and the price drops like a rock again.

For my Thanksgiving cruise I originally booked about a year ago - $2900 or so for 3 people in an E1. BOGOHO1 hit back around March or so and I dropped it down to $2600.

Price skyrocketed after that and the same E1 was up to $4800 about 3 weeks ago, hit final payment date and dropped to $3500, now its back down to $2900. Happy with the price I paid as it is inline/below what I have paid in prior years for similar cruises but curious to see how low it goes over the next two months.

The pricing game is crazy.

There were some great deals with the first BOGHO. If I would have booked then it would have been $3200 for a balcony and an inside room for the 5 of us. Before the sale it was around $4100. But I waited too long and it went up to $3950. So I ended up booking a Family OV for $3100. I may switch if prices ever come down.

Looks to me from a quick scan this morning that the BOGOHO is gone, at least on my Freedom cruise in 2016. Discount is not showing and the base price has gone up over $300/person for a JS.

If I was booking this today, I couldn't pull the trigger. Nearly $4k now for a JS.

No BOGOHO on our November cruise either. The price for a B1 is now over $1700pp almost $1000pp more than we paid.

How somebody would pay those prices for a B1 is beyond me but apparently people are. (scratching head)

Bill

Our April 2016 cruise is still on the BOGOHO. For us it was a great deal - a comparable cruise/room we were looking at on another line is right at what RCI is quoting as full fare before the discount, and that itinerary wasn't as attractive. So for us, this sale was a deal. I'll see if I still feel the same after the sale ends, but we have a looong time til final payment.