Yipppppeeeeee just printed out my Edocs for Quantum 11/2 Maiden Voyage

Doing the Doc Dance...yipppeeeee.....wowowowow...yahoooo...boogy boogy ...yes yes yes !...bring it on....wowowowow...:D

Just printed out my Edocs for Quantum of the Seas 11/2 Maiden Voyage ...party time ...yipppeeee :D

19 pages :D

All our dining and show reservations on it....yipppeeeee.

:D

I guess all stateroom doors will be unlocked when guests arrive?? Interesting...

I noticed that as well. Interesting

Congrats on the docs, we just final for the 3 night and completed our set sail pass. It's almost here :D

Please all of you (I know you will but just need to say it) let us all know how your sailing goes.

I noticed that as well. Interesting

Congrats on the docs, we just final for the 3 night and completed our set sail pass. It's almost here :D

Please all of you (I know you will but just need to say it) let us all know how your sailing goes.

Keep your eyes out for a Live from 11/2 Maiden Voyage thread :D

That seems kinda weird that they say your sea pass card will be waiting for you in your stateroom :confused:

I guess all stateroom doors will be unlocked when guests arrive?? Interesting...

Not sure about that. The SeaPass cards may be in an envelope on the outside of the door in the mailbox, and the WowBands inside the cabin.

In the old days all cabin doors were open during embarkation, with the "keys", yes real keys on the dresser. It was never a problem and was always fun looking in the various cabins.

That seems kinda weird that they say your sea pass card will be waiting for you in your stateroom :confused:

This is to enable far quicker check-in and get you from terminal to onboard ship in 10 minutes as promised. It makes sense to me and if successful I'm guessing it will be expanded to the entire fleet. When available, I plan to upload my photo to the online check-in section and whatever else they ask for to expedite embarkation.

The only piece I haven't figured out yet is that normally they scan the card when you embark the ship for the first time. They won't be able to do that if they cards are waiting in the cabin so I'm not sure how they will get around that?

The only piece I haven't figured out yet is that normally they scan the card when you embark the ship for the first time. They won't be able to do that if they cards are waiting in the cabin so I'm not sure how they will get around that?

That is the bit that threw me too :confused:

Knowing Royal I'm sure they have worked it out. They are very good with attention to detail based upon my past experiences. It's one thing that sets them apart from the pack.

I am on the same sailing and went to enter all our info the other nite to check in, it wont let me! keeps saying a new check in system is going live on the 22nd september, anyone else getting this message?

Yes that is correct. We have to wait a little longer before the enhanced online check-in goes live.

Someone on FB posted that when boarding for the first time, they will either scan your Boarding Pass which I think will have your picture on it with the enhanced online check-in, or your passport. Makes sense and solves the mystery.

Doing the Doc Dance...yipppeeeee.....wowowowow...yahoooo...boogy boogy ...yes yes yes !...bring it on....wowowowow...:D

Just printed out my Edocs for Quantum of the Seas 11/2 Maiden Voyage ...party time ...yipppeeee :D

19 pages :D

All our dining and show reservations on it....yipppeeeee.

:D

Congrats! Sure makes the cruise a reality! We are hung up with the 9/22 date...will probably give it a week and then try to complete our docs for the Inaugural. Sure going to miss the opportunity to meet you...but, our Roll Call has definitely been lively! Many thanks for all of your efforts with the Inaugural pins!

Someone on FB posted that when boarding for the first time, they will either scan your Boarding Pass which I think will have your picture on it with the enhanced online check-in, or your passport. Makes sense and solves the mystery.

So people will have to either have a computer to do online check in/or have a passport.

Congrats! Sure makes the cruise a reality! We are hung up with the 9/22 date...will probably give it a week and then try to complete our docs for the Inaugural. Sure going to miss the opportunity to meet you...but, our Roll Call has definitely been lively! Many thanks for all of your efforts with the Inaugural pins!

I hope one day we will meet. :D

I know your pins are in safe hands with Bob. :D

Hope you have a fantastic time on the 11/23 Inaugural :D

I'm not completely certain that isn't a mistake. The wow bands must be activated and paid for before they can be used so it would make sense to leave them in the room. That can easily be done by may ways including simply tapping a key to the door, tapping a wow band, and then tapping the key again to identify that they are to be synced. If the room keys are left in the room as well how could they possibly get you to activate it and what stops someone from swiping a card and charging drinks before the person reports it missing and requests it be replaced?

Here is what my set sail pass says at the top:

Bring your printed SetSail Pass with you to the port. One of our mobile agents will greet you at the pier and check you in for boarding. Your SeaPass card will be outside your stateroom in a sealed envelope with your name on it. Use this SeaPass card to access your stateroom.

Not sure how secure that is and they already took my full credit card number and stated that it's so that we don't need to deal with it at the pier so I wonder what they will do to keep a card deactivated until I actually have it in my possession.

Here is what my set sail pass says at the top:

Not sure how secure that is and they already took my full credit card number and stated that it's so that we don't need to deal with it at the pier so I wonder what they will do to keep a card deactivated until I actually have it in my possession.

It may be a different set up for those on the 11/2 Maiden Voyage from Southampton than what you will have on 11/23 Inaugural from Cape Liberty.

If the room keys are left in the room as well how could they possibly get you to activate it and what stops someone from swiping a card and charging drinks before the person reports it missing and requests it be replaced?

I'm guessing the SeaPass card is already activated, and they are relying on a simple thing called honesty and integrity. I know that is hard to comprehend in this day and age but it still exists.

If you arrive at your cabin and the key is missing, then obviously you will have to go down to Guest Relations for a new one, and they will have to deactivate the existing one and remove any charges.

Yes I realize this can happen but I think it will be rare. After paying thousands for a cruise most people are not interested in stealing SeaPass cards the minute they board to get a couple free drinks. Also keep in mind that all bars and pretty much every area of the ship is covered by cameras, so based on the transaction time they could figure out who stole the card/s and take action if it went that far.

Also keep in mind if your SeaPass card is stolen, it's not like they have your credit card number. It would only be good far charging onboard. Also when your SeaPass card is swiped your picture appears on their screen, if the bartenders are doing their job they will verify it's you and not someone different. If it's not you then the bartender should not proceed with the transaction.

Overall I don't see it being a problem.

Edited by eroller
This is to enable far quicker check-in and get you from terminal to onboard ship in 10 minutes as promised. It makes sense to me and if successful I'm guessing it will be expanded to the entire fleet. When available, I plan to upload my photo to the online check-in section and whatever else they ask for to expedite embarkation.

they are going to microchip us before we board. :D

What I was wondering is if we board the ship at 11am and my sea pass card is in my room and the room is not ready until 1pm. How will I buy drinks after I board?