Majesty

Got back off majesty , had drinks package free. Worked out the two of us would have spent 471 pounds in one week, prices soon add up. A few prices as follows, pint of lager 3.70, glass of wine(150 ml) was 3.90, cocktails 4.70, mock tails 2.70, glass of coke 1.10, latte 2.30, hot choc 2.50, orange juice 1.80, think spirits around 3.90. Hope this helps :)

That's the problem, if you book cruise later on you end up paying full amount for drinks package. If book in advance can get it free, but not really free as prices can be higher, than if booked last minute cruise. Some would say drink package not worth it, depends what u in tend to drink. If just lager would not be worth it, but if a wine or spirits person, and someone who likes nice coffees than best to book package.a lot of drinks are not free, even if on package such as cider, water etc.

I've got a plan of the Majesty when she was Louis Majesty (can't seem to put it on here :o) but the obstructed views appear to be on decks 8 & 9. According to Thomson deck plans junior suites are on deck 9 and very few are obstructed, but not sure if these are balconies.

Sorry, not very helpful, but someone will know!

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

These might help you.

https://joeholiday2.shutterfly.com/pictures/1840

You might be able to work it out from the pictures of the side with a deck plan.

Smoggy, don't forget you can take your own drink onboard for consumption in your cabin, and if you are on a cruise that has at least one port that is outside the EU they open the duty free shop onboard which is very well priced.

Thanks for the photos Joe - they're really helpful. However, I think we've decided against booking it because we won't know which cabins are available to book until we've paid and then it's too late if there's only obstructed view cabins left. As the cruise is in December, we may have to pay in full before we know. It seems a strange way to operate bookings and I can't see why Thomson won't let people book a cabin when they book a cruise, like all other cruise lines. Also, my OH wasn't happy when I showed him the deck plans and he saw that these cabins are under the pool deck - he's worried about possible noise. So, it looks as if we'll be booking something else unless we go for an outside cabin lower down.

Thanks for the photos Joe - they're really helpful. However, I think we've decided against booking it because we won't know which cabins are available to book until we've paid and then it's too late if there's only obstructed view cabins left. As the cruise is in December, we may have to pay in full before we know. It seems a strange way to operate bookings and I can't see why Thomson won't let people book a cabin when they book a cruise, like all other cruise lines. Also, my OH wasn't happy when I showed him the deck plans and he saw that these cabins are under the pool deck - he's worried about possible noise. So, it looks as if we'll be booking something else unless we go for an outside cabin lower down.

I believe that deck 9 does suffer from noise from above. We had a cabin on deck 4 - outside plus - very quiet and we have booked it again (426) You should be able to phone and ask what cabins are available BEFORE you book, but not sure what the 'phone number is, sorry:o

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Thanks for the cabin booking tips. We've now actually booked a newly released "Festive" cruise from Liverpool with Fred Olsen. We live near to Liverpool and haven't been to the ports-of-call, so plumped for it. I'm wary of getting the available cabins before booking with Thomson. For our one & only Thomson cruise, the Thomson TA rang up to check on cabins before I committed and was told that none of the selected grade was booked. I paid the deposit and went back the next day, as instructed, to book a cabin, armed with a list of my preferred ones. All were already booked! When the TA queried it, he was told that none were booked for that grade on the other deck. The TA was embarrassed and I wasn't chuffed. As it turned out, the cabin was fine. However, it seems an odd system. We've done almost 20 cruises now and on all bar two ("guarantee" offers) we've booked our cabin at same time as the main booking. One small tweak to the Thomson booking system would allow this beneficial change. I loved the Thomson cruise and will try to persuade my OH to take another one soon.