Godfrey Tours -any recent cruisers

CMM

Godfrey has changed the tours a bit and I have not read any recent review since the change.

We were looking at tour #1 with shopping, beach time, and an island tour with a complimentary daiquiri at Mountaintop and admission to the Great House Botanical Gardens with complimentary rum punch.

Has anyone had any recent experiences with Godfrey tours?

I emailed Rodney on Sunday evening and got a reply this afternoon (Tuesday) with confirmation for my tour in December. I emailed thru their website. I'd email again if I were you - good luck!

If you are not getting email responses besure to check your spam or junk mail folders. I also had a problem a few years back and it was my email providor determing these were not ligit emails.

The Ump

John

I am back from my cruise and will report on my tour with Godfrey.

We too had trouble getting hold of Godfrey by email. This is their slow season and they are off alot. He was there and waiting for us promptly at he pier for our tour.

We enjoyed the tour. It now includes complementary punch at a garden house lookout point and a "world famous banana daiquiri" at the mountaintop lookout point. That area is incredibly beautiful and the banana daiquiri was absolutely great! They were $10 so glad they were included in the tour.

He also passed out bottled water.

The part that could have been improved was that the speaker sytem was not good. Godfrey drove in the cab and used a headset with speaker. I had trouble understanding and hearing his narration due to the chatter of one Spanish speaking man and the poor speaker sytem. When Godfrey got out of the taxi to give a narration he did an excellent job.

We choose Meagan's Bay and it was beutifull. You could go to cocki for free or pay the park service $4 to get into meagan's . Once inside there were chairs to rent, but we just utilized one of the picnic tables and swam

Enjoyed our day. It was a good value

• 4 weeks later...

Hello - My wife and I are doing Princess Cruise Nov30-Dec7. We were trying to decide between Sunny Liston and Godfrey tour in St Thomas. We have heard back from Sunny but have not from Godfrey. Have emailed him 3 times as well as left 3 phone messages. We used godfrey@godfreytoursvi.com - is this what you used? We are not getting a little skeptical about booking with him in fear that he may not show when ship arrives.....

I am back from my cruise and will report on my tour with Godfrey.

We too had trouble getting hold of Godfrey by email. This is their slow season and they are off alot. He was there and waiting for us promptly at he pier for our tour.

We enjoyed the tour. It now includes complementary punch at a garden house lookout point and a "world famous banana daiquiri" at the mountaintop lookout point. That area is incredibly beautiful and the banana daiquiri was absolutely great! They were $10 so glad they were included in the tour.

He also passed out bottled water.

The part that could have been improved was that the speaker sytem was not good. Godfrey drove in the cab and used a headset with speaker. I had trouble understanding and hearing his narration due to the chatter of one Spanish speaking man and the poor speaker sytem. When Godfrey got out of the taxi to give a narration he did an excellent job.

We choose Meagan's Bay and it was beutifull. You could go to cocki for free or pay the park service $4 to get into meagan's . Once inside there were chairs to rent, but we just utilized one of the picnic tables and swam

Enjoyed our day. It was a good value

Hello - My wife and I are doing Princess Cruise Nov30-Dec7. We were trying to decide between Sunny Liston and Godfrey tour in St Thomas. We have heard back from Sunny but have not from Godfrey. Have emailed him 3 times as well as left 3 phone messages. We used godfrey@godfreytoursvi.com - is this what you used? We are not getting a little skeptical about booking with him in fear that he may not show when ship arrives.....

I used the link off of tripadvisor

http://godfreytoursvi.com/

It took a while to hear back from Godfrey(as well as the other tour operators in the other 4 ports we went to), I think it is an island thing.

It is off season now, as we went in Oct and many shops/operators take time off then. All the tours we took talked about that. So maybe that is it. I would think if it has been more than 3-4 weeks and you have checked your junk mail, I would go with someone else. Godfrey was good, but I think others are too.

We used Godfrey tours last year, and had a great tour. I have been trying to book again for January for our group of 19 and did get one response but he didn't have the right tour confirmed, and wanted a deposit. I have since emailed 5 times in the last month, some replying to the email from him, and some emails directly from his website and I still haven't heard from him. I have been looking for a different tour now. I wanted the shopping and beach tour that was $20 per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We used Godfrey tours last year, and had a great tour. I have been trying to book again for January for our group of 19 and did get one response but he didn't have the right tour confirmed, and wanted a deposit. I have since emailed 5 times in the last month, some replying to the email from him, and some emails directly from his website and I still haven't heard from him. I have been looking for a different tour now. I wanted the shopping and beach tour that was $20 per person.

Hello - My wife and I are on Princess Cruise and will be in St Thomas on Dec 3rd. Have sent Godfrey numerious emails, 5 phone calls and filled out tour from from his web site 4 times in the last three weeks and have not had any response from him yet. Did you ever find another tour in St Thomas to take? If so can you share the name of the tour so we can try and book them for Dec 3rd.

Thanks

John and Janice

I emailed a company called "have fun with us tours", and got a response right away. Only thing was is he wanted all the money up front, not just a deposit. I was hoping to find some recent reviews. I did find some on trip advisor under a different company name, they were good reviews. He quoted me the same price as Godfrey.

I filled out the form on the website and left a message. Did anyone have any issues with him NOT being at the port when you arrived after you reserved on the website?

Thanks!

We are on the Regal Princess scheduled to be in St Thomas Dec 3rd. We have sent numerous emails, phone calls and filled out form on his site and to date have not had any response or confirmation from Godfrey Tours. Have you??

Thanks

John and Janice

I filled out the form on the website and left a message. Did anyone have any issues with him NOT being at the port when you arrived after you reserved on the website?

Thanks!

We are on the Regal Princess scheduled to be in St Thomas Dec 3rd. We have sent numerous emails, phone calls and filled out form on his site and to date have not had any response or confirmation from Godfrey Tours. Have you?? When are you going? Our Cruise leaves Nov 30th if you get back before we leave, let us know if Godfrey showed up!!

Thanks

John and Janice

We are leaving next Saturday and don't get back until 12/1. I'll let you know if I hear back from them. We'll be in St. Thomas on the 26th. I'm hoping to hear back before then. I also just sent him an e-mail now. Crossing my fingers.

I'm also hoping someone comes back and says that they did not get a reply, but Godfrey was there when they got off the ship.

Edited by JacksGal

He showed up last year but he was late, about 20 mins. We were there 30 mins early so it seemed like a really long wait. It is quite a busy spot for them to get it with their tour buses, but they should allow for that. The tour itself was was great, and we were going to use him again, but still no response. Maybe he is having technical issues?