• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

shareholders obc denied on carnival

waterbabyfish

OBC is combinable on Princess, but not on Carnival. There are so many reasons I won't sail on Carnival again!

Shareholder credit and most other onboard credits are combinable on Carnival. Early Saver price protection onboard credit is even combinable.

Edited by Disconnections

Heads up, some have been denied obc because they booked at a discount rate. I hope princess doesn't start that. I just got my obc and just booked at a discounted last minute price.

This sounds like a "Rip- Off", you bought CCl stock in good faith, no mater what the price of your booking.....

I believe they are probably talking about "interline" fares or employee family fares. Those are very limited and are so low they cover taxes and little more. Some where I have read that Stockholder credit is not applicable to those fares.

Found this on the first page of the Carnival Corp. shareholder benefit page;

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2014 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive

these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date.

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents

cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer.

Fair winds

Dave

Edited by westwind6371

I believe they are probably talking about "interline" fares or employee family fares. Those are very limited and are so low they cover taxes and little more. Some where I have read that Stockholder credit is not applicable to those fares.

Found this on the first page of the Carnival Corp. shareholder benefit page;

The benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2014 aboard the brands listed below. Certain restrictions apply. Applications to receive

these benefits should be made at least two weeks prior to cruise departure date.

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents

cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer.

Fair winds

Dave

The OP on the Carnival thread was booking the senior (over 55) rate.

OBC is combinable on Princess, but not on Carnival. There are so many reasons I won't sail on Carnival again!

OBC is combinable on Carnival.

Next cruise we have Shareholders, Milestone and FCC.

Heads up, some have been denied obc because they booked at a discount rate. I hope princess doesn't start that. I just got my obc and just booked at a discounted last minute price.

And you believed it?

It is one poster who is resubmitting his/her request.

IMO, it is another example (1) some employee who hasn't a clue doing the processing or (2) a passenger who has left out some vital detail about their booking when they posted this.

Let's not pass judgment before all the facts are in.

Edited by thinfool

I have used senior rate, last minute fares - all sorts of VERY good rates on Carnival & never been denied shareholder's credit. One time I faxed my request in & email came back saying couldn't be applied. I called them & it was because they didn't get the page showing stock. Sent it again & no problem. I've also gotten the credit when booking 4 days before cruise.

The issue here is with Carnival and a plea that Princess doesn't go down a road it hasn't been shown Carnival has yet.

I recently book with Princess (pretty deep discount) for a cruise leaving this coming Sunday and had no problem at all receiving the share holder benefit. I faxed the information and had the credit within a couple of days.

Just booked a very cheap 3 day girls cruise..and no problem getting my OBC...however, my roomie also has stock and they denied hers saying only one shareholder OBC per cabin...never heard of this. She is gonna follow up...:confused:

Unfortunately that's true.

The shareholder benefit is for all Carnival brands. Any restrictions are the same on all Carnival brands. See the PDF link at http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit for a list of the restrictions. If you do not fall into one of the restricted categories, you should call the phone number listed in the PDF and ask for an explanation.

I normally book my cruises with my Interline TA. When I do , I know I won't get my stock OBC. This next cruise the price got to $50.00 of Interline rate , and included $50.00 OBC. I changed my booking to reg fare to use my stock benefit. Usually the Interline fare is so deeply discounted that I come out ahead.

Just booked a very cheap 3 day girls cruise..and no problem getting my OBC...however, my roomie also has stock and they denied hers saying only one shareholder OBC per cabin...never heard of this. She is gonna follow up...:confused:

She will lose on this one. The policy has always been one shareholder OBC per cabin. Couples who own 200 shares or more don't both get the OBC. That has never been an option.

The only OBC that doubles up is military OBC. Everybody in the cabin who is eligible gets that one.