Losin' with WW for January 20, 2006 cruise

Cruisin'Kim

Sheila and Kim --You are both doing terrific...slow and steady wins the race! I was doing very well last week as I was logging my points on line everyday and exercising. Got from 149 when we started this to 144! I was very excited as I haven't been below 145 in a few months. But then our refrigerator/freezer went on the blink and I had to cook and bake a lot of things. What a smorgasbord of food including choc. chip cookies. Plus we went out to eat Mexican which is very difficult for me to be good at. Anyway, the scale this morning says 147 so I'm a bit bummed, but its that time of month so I'm hoping so will drop after this weekend. Having my parents in town visiting for a week so I have a challenge ahead of me as I like to cook/entertain/eat out while they are here. Wish me luck! Have a great weekend!

Sheila - Congratulations on the loss! I know what it's like hitting that plateau - now that you've past it, I bet you see the numbers changing on the scale!

Janice - I have done the same thing since we started - had lost, then gained a few lbs. back after the long week-end, it happens to everyone, and if we don't have a treat now and then, we'll never last the long haul! Congrats on the lbs. lost, and I agree with Sheila, slowly losing the weight is going to help us in the long run.

Have a great week-end!

Kim.

I have been "cheating" once a week and not exercising for the past 3 weeks. I told DH last night that I've lost 5 lbs in a month. He said that I would've done really well if I hadn't cheated and exercised. He is so right! I hope all of my social activities calm down soon so I don't cheat.

Sheila - 5 lbs. lost in a month - that's fantastic!!

I think 5 lbs is great! (I really do believe we have to have a little treat now and then to last the long haul). Look at the positive - that's a great accomplishment! Hopefully things will slow down enough for you that you can plan ahead meal wise - I'm sure the lbs. are going to melt off!

Have a great week!

Kim.

hi! i was wondering if i could join all of you in this weight loss quest. i just started WW (again!) and we have a cruise booked for 2/26/06. i could use all the support i can get! my name is susan and i have 50 lbs i want to lose.:eek: i will check in here again soon, thanks

Hi Susan! Are you doing the WW classes or the online version? I'm doing the online version. I've been on WW now for about one month and have lost 5 lbs. I need to lose at least 15 more. Good news though...I was on WW three years ago when I lost 45 lbs in 5 months. So, you can do it!

Susan--Welcome! You definitely will get support with WW and this thread. We're all in the same boat--trying to lose for our next cruise. It's always helpful I think to have a goal and something special in mind to shoot for.

I've had a tough week beginning with my refrig/freezer going out last weekn and all kinds of food we were trying to eat (that aren't very points friendly). I hate to waste anything - ended up throwing away all kinds of low point ice cream treats that melted! Bummer. Then my parents have been in town visiting and so I've been doing a lot more cooking, eating and eating out. They will be gone tomorrow and back on the plan for me.

Glad to here that your back on track. My folks leave tomorrow and that will be my day to get things back on track here. I did hit the gym this morning so I'm hoping the scale won't be too unfriendly. I think once in a while to go off plan is ok, but I've been off way too many days now! Tomorrow is it--back to work.

Hi Everybody - Susan, Welcome! I know your going to do great on WW - I've now have weight to lose, but like Sheila have lost alot on WW before (31 lbs). As I'm sure you can tell reading this thread, keeping track of those points seems to be the key! Good luck!

Sorry everyone - my last post was sent before I "weighed in"!

I'm down 1 1/2 lbs this week - now at 140 - hopefully I can get in the 130's next week so that I can celebrate with that diet pepsi!

Another week-end is coming, which is great - except for staying focused with the diet. I'm going to try my best though - I'm alway glad to have just stayed the same weight on Monday!

Have a great week everybody - and good luck with your weigh ins!

Kim.

hi everybody:) thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to joining all of you here. as i said, this is not the first time i have done WW. we went on a cruise last october to tahiti!! and i lost 23 lbs. then i guess i had a mental meltdown because i put it all back. and i wasnt even at goal then. but alas, i shall try again:D i plan to start back at meetings next wed. it is my day off and seemed to work well last time. i do better when i go to the meetings, but it will be hard to walk throught that door again, 23lbs. heavier:( weekends are so hard for me, so i will check in here often over the next couple days. have a great weekend all, susan

Susan, I know exactly how you feel - I was down to my goal weight last time I was on WW - and I had gained quite a bit of it back as well!

Week-ends seem to be the "evil days" for all of us - I'm always happy to at least be at the same weight on Monday, never mind losing any lbs. Log on anytime you need someone to talk to - we're all here to help each other!

Have a great week-end!

Kim.

Hi everyone! Weekends seem to be my downfall also. We are very social and it is really hard to stick with WW when eating with friends and family. I did stick with WW all weekend and I feel so much better today for it. However, today is my 18th wedding anniversary and DH is taking out to eat at Outback. :eek:

Kim ~ A Big congrats on your weight loss!!!! :D

Thank you for the encouragement Sheila!

I really believe for something special like your 18th wedding anniversary, you should be able to indulge without feeling guilty - so have a great time at dinner - you can always be "extra good" tomorrow - and congrats on the week-end no gain, as well as your anniversary!

(I guess this isn't really encouraging as far as keeping on track - but I really believe a little indulgence occassionally helped to keep you on track for the long-haul).

Kim.

Thanks Kim! I feel like this special occasion is okay to indulge. I might not show a loss this week, but I know I didn't gain.

Last Fall, I had to buy size 14 clothes. I went shopping this past weekend and my new clothes are 12's (with room) and the shirts are all medium. :D I hope I can get into an 8 by the Spring!!!

:eek: Aaaagggggg!! Someone brought in chocolate chip cookies yesterday - I held out right until an hour before quitting time - then had 2!! They were very small though - only about an inch in diameter.

Had gained over the week-end this time, but was back to weight I was on Friday this morning. Such a struggle sometimes!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!:D

Kim.

Hi to all! Weekend was a bit rough for me as usual, but trying to get back on track this week. Early yet, but so far so good. Haven't been feeling very well lately with terrible allergies so I haven't felt like eating right or exercising as much as usual. Got some new meds from the doctor so I'm hoping I'll start feeling my self again very soon.

Kim-that is great to just having 2 cookies! A small treat now and then and you can still loose.

Kim ~ Great job only having 2 cookies. :D

Janice ~ Are you feeling better? I have allergy problems also and mine have been horrible. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. I also can't sleep so I'm going to ask for a sleeping pill. I hate to, but I really need some sleep. :(

I worked out a full hour last night and I feel soooo much better! :)

Sheila--thanks for your concern. I'm still not feeling my self and like you can't sleep. I took one of the presribed pills last night trying to keep up with the prescribed meds so I can start feeling better and all it did was keep me awake. I've always wanted to ask for some sleeping pills for some nights, but never have. Let us know what the doc says.

But, I had a good day counting my points and the scale this morning said 144.4 so below 145 again. Not sure if it will stick if you know what I mean. Does anyone have the problem of people saying "you don't need to loose weight, you look fine just the way you are." Talk about unmotivating! Its nice to hear, but sure doesn't help. . I could be fine where I'm at but I would feel much better weighing less and want to look better in a swimming suit on the cruise and also want to have a few pounds to play with so I can eat and drink what I want on the ship.

Hope everyones week is going well!

Janice ~ What allergy meds are you taking? I can't take them at night either. Everything seems to keep me awake. Very frustrating! I'll let you know what the doc says.

Congrats on being below 145!!! I envy you! I can't wait until I can claim that...10 more lbs to go. It is hard to stay motivated when everyone tells you how good you look. I'm sure you look fabulous and that is why people are telling you that. How tall are you? I'm 5'5" with a lot of muscle so I look thin when I'm at 140. I bet you are the same way. I think people are complimenting you and you'll just have to get used to it. ;) You can come here for motivation. We're here for you!

Take care!

Sheila--Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm 5'-5 1/2" tall and work out alot so I have some muscle so like you I can look slim at 140. But just a little too much jiggle that I'd like to loose. I haven't kept my weight this low for many years and really want to see what I look like at 135. Don't know if I'll get there as its a struggle everyday, but I'm going to try and my cruise scheduled for March is a great motivator. Scale still says 144.4 so its holding for now--very happy with that as I haven't been working out this week. My DH is out of town so I don't have a chance to go to the gym before work as I usually do since I have to take my kids to daycare. But still counting points--so I think its helping.

The medicine the doc prescribed is Zyrtec-D. Didn't take it last night and got a much needed good nights sleep. When do you see your doc?

Janice ~ The Zyrtec-D will definitely keep you awake. I can't even take it in the mornings without it keeping me awake. You might want to try regular Zyrtec. I'm like you...I have lots of "jiggle" that I need to be gone! I'll never have a flat stomach unless I get a "tuck." I hope to do that after I lose all of my weight and tone up. I weigh 155 right now and hope to lose to 140. I would love to lose to 135, but I know I'll never be able to maintain it. I got down to 135 after my son was born, but I starved myself getting there. I looked great, but shot my metabolism in the process. I definitely couldn't maintain it either. After that, I shot up to 205. :eek: After losing 50 lbs, I get comments like, "You look great. You don't need to lose any more weight." Well, Hello! I'm still fat. I just happen to look much better at 155 than 205! LOL

Hang in there! I know you'll get to where you want to be. :D

I'm going to the doctor today. I'll report in later.

Archived