Cruise Critic Community
cruisingbluewaters

Latest news on carnival vista

Okay I'm not a marketing guru and don't have the brains that some of the Carnival 'beards' do, but as for a home port, I would take 1 year after a new ship is christened and send it around the country to every port that would handle it for some number of sailings... for example:

Jan/Feb out of Long Beach

Mar/Apr out of Miami

May/June out of Galveston

July/Aug out of New York (when the weather is fairer there)

Sep/Oct out of NOLA

Nov/Dec out of another FLA port (Pt Canaveral, Jacksonville if it would fit)

Transition cruises from one port to another can be managed as one-off cruises with a stop in a foreign port to make it legal.

That way it would expose as many different cruisers to the new ship as possible. Then it could settle down for a couple years wherever it's final homeport will be.

You're as much of marketing guru as everyone else. And I like your ideas.

Perhaps if they did something about the entertainment they could better compete with their competition.

Does anyone think that playlist and hasbro compares favorably with what the others are doing???

well yes the shows have gotten rather weak

I think shows are increasingly irrelevant for attracting new cruisers and do not directly generate revenue for the cruise line. 30 minute shows are probably about right.

Okay I'm not a marketing guru and don't have the brains that some of the Carnival 'beards' do, but as for a home port, I would take 1 year after a new ship is christened and send it around the country to every port that would handle it for some number of sailings... for example:

Mar/Apr out of Miami

Sep/Oct out of NOLA

Transition cruises from one port to another can be managed as one-off cruises with a stop in a foreign port to make it legal.

That way it would expose as many different cruisers to the new ship as possible. Then it could settle down for a couple years wherever it's final homeport will be.

This is the BEST thing I have read in a very long time! Very good idea. As I mentioned in a previous post, we cruise exclusively from Manhattan and tho we have been very lucky to have some great ships here: Miracle and now Splendor, it would be fun to have something different every now and then. BRAVO to you and I hope the CCL powers that be read this and take your advice! :):)

I think shows are increasingly irrelevant for attracting new cruisers and do not directly generate revenue for the cruise line. 30 minute shows are probably about right.

Maybe to some, especially repeat cruisers. When you compare shows on Carnival to other cruise lines, especially the ones with newer megaships, those other companies attract more cruisers. The ship is the destination and its entertainment matters. If Carnival's entertainment is too lame or boring people will look for something better. I think entertainment matters a lot. That's why companies try to have good entertainment. It may be irrelevant to some, but the theaters are mostly full. Repeat cruisers may be bored but new ones are looking for fun and excitement.

Mar/Apr out of Miami

Sep/Oct out of NOLA

Let's just spend 98 days going around the horn of South America twice...

Dont believe they have ever based a new ship in NY and dont think they will start now.

You would never know. Could be putting the Vista there to compete with the Breakaway and Anthems of The Seas.

Mar/Apr out of Miami

Sep/Oct out of NOLA

The Vista will be too big to get through the Panama Canal.

Go back and read where someone said Vista could not come to NY because it couldn't handle large ships.

Pretty sure the NCL Breakaway is just as big.

The Vista will be too big to get through the Panama Canal.

Until the expansion is complete (which is now behind schedule).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

NO but sometimes CC seems to find out stuff even before your PVP knows.

I will stick by my comments when the announcements finally come back. I think I have not posted anything that has not happened to date.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My secret source is telling me that the Vista will be a ship. And get this, it will be white. You heard it here first.

My secret source is telling me that the Vista will be a ship. And get this, it will be white. You heard it here first.

I have one up on you. My source says it will have a red whale-tail too.

UPDATE:

---Carnival Vista Fincantieri 29207---

-On October 14th Fincantieri will lay the first block of the ship

-Announcement expected to follow

Thank you

I read it was the 18th.

OK, I will ask...... What's a block of a ship?:confused:

I was assuming the keel laying. Now days instead of laying an actual keel they lay a block section of the ship that has already been assembled.

I was assuming the keel laying. Now days instead of laying an actual keel they lay a block section of the ship that has already been assembled.

That is what I thought, but did not know. I wish they publicized more about it.

[ATTACH]326222[/ATTACH][ATTACH]326223[/ATTACH][ATTACH]326224[/ATTACH]

Thank you

Can't see squat. The one on the other thread is much better.