• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What to do our 1st time in Nassau?

Lindsaylsu

Hi everyone! Going on our 2nd cruise in January. We had a blast on our first which went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. This time we are going to Nassau and HMC. That being said, I feel like we are some of the ONLY people who have not been to Nassau a million times!

I am looking for suggestions on fun excursions. Here are some details about us:

[*]Two married couples - in our late 20s and early 30s

[*]One of the couples is cruising for the 1st time

[*]We like beaches and upbeat stuff

[*]Not into any historical tours etc...

[*]Would like to spend around $100 pp. No more than $150 pp

Please feel free to include links. Let me know about good public beaches or Atlantis. I think the guys really wanna do Atlantis so if you have any tips please share ;)

Thanks, Lindsay

I can't speak for the excursion to Atlantis myself but I just had friends who went there for vacation. They had a blast but warned me that the food/drink was extremely expensive and that it had an auto gratuity included. They even had a nominal charge for tap water. Just eat a big breakfast and bring a bottle of water with you and you'll have a blast.

I agree with M&D. If you go to Atlantis, bring your own water. There aren't any water fountains anywhere and a tiny bottle is something like $4. Buy a couple of bottles before you get off the ship or from one of the local people selling them for $1.

I don't think you'll be able to do the full water park pass at Atlantis for under $150 a person but you could get a beach day pass. It costs $69 and includes lunch. You'd have access to the beach and the aquarium and would be able to see a lot of the marine habitats. You just can't use the pools or water slides.

A day pass at Breezes might be fun for your group too. It's an all-inclusive hotel (food and drinks) for people over age 14. When we were there, there were a lot of activities going on. We even got to take the sailboat out for a ride. The day pass costs $65 a person.

Just be aware that the water in January is going to be chilly.