C and A Starting to Enforce New Onboard Booking Change Rules

molly361

How many times did you call? If you only called once, I'd call again and talk to someone else. Quite often, different reps will treat the same problem in different ways.

YMMV

I have called twice and the second time I also spoke to a supervisor! :(

I think you will be able to get your new discount, but they will reprice your cruise to current rates. So you are fine as long as your price stays the same.

That's probably a good point. I'll be sure to call in as soon as possible.

That is an interesting theory. If I did not care so much about my returning patients but wanted to fill my days up with new patients I'd soon find myself bankrupt.

You are correct in that respect. You in your profession are not $ driven as a big Business due to share holders.

But RCCl have made a lot of changes that affect the majority of us who are always booking cruises. Changes to points,DD,NCC and etc.

It does seem that those of us who have spent the most over the years and have been loyal to Royal are the ones getting the short stick now a days.

You are correct in that respect. You in your profession are not $ driven as a big Business due to share holders.

But RCCl have made a lot of changes that affect the majority of us who are always booking cruises. Changes to points,DD,NCC and etc.

It does seem that those of us who have spent the most over the years and have been loyal to Royal are the ones getting the short stick now a days.

And I am certainly not arguing that point. My point is that if the cruise lines truly don't care so much about their repeat customers then I think that they are being very short sighted. But then, I run a small business. What do I know about how a cruise line operates.

Another rule they may start 'enforcing': on the page of heads we are not allowed to mention- a TA complained about RC not enforcing the rule about not bringing on water and soda. He said he looks dumb in front of his customers when he doesn't know the right answer. Rep on the page said they would talk to their staff about enforcing this rule consistently.

I certainly hope you are just speaking for yourself.

Cruising has evolved over the years, for the better. The ships are great, and just keep getting better. For some, its not about the love of cruising, its about status, points, levels, etc.

And I am certainly not arguing that point. My point is that if the cruise lines truly don't care so much about their repeat customers then I think that they are being very short sighted. But then, I run a small business. What do I know about how a cruise line operates.

you are right about them being short sighted.

I certainly hope you are just speaking for yourself.

Cruising has evolved over the years, for the better. The ships are great, and just keep getting better. For some, its not about the love of cruising, its about status, points, levels, etc.

It should be about the love of cruising and for some it maybe, it is about the status thing. When you consider how much is spent by loyal customers regardless of what the status,perks and levels given to get to that point in their lives. They do deserve a little more respect from the Cruise Line, instead of all these changes that may take away more than they give.

Edited by Folk Singer

Here is RCL's FB response to my concerns about the "reserve the right to revert your specific booking OBC to the lower Next Cruise amount"

Sounds like you have to give them a very good reason for your change of ship and sail date in order to retain the higher amount.

526710_10151330722456397_108498639_n.png?oh=3b1f53f6657039e641bd54cedf956bda&oe=54C4B71F&__gda__=1422497683_382db1a1a51467e0568cabf70d324934

Royal Caribbean International - Thank you for your inquiry about our onboard bookings. Only very few circumstances may warrant the Onboard Credit to remain at the higher amount; however, this will be dependent on facts of the individual case, not which agent you speak with. We hope this clears up your concerns.

Edited by molly361

Here is RCL's FB response to my concerns about the "reserve the right to revert your specific booking OBC to the lower Next Cruise amount"

Sounds like you have to give them a very good reason for your change of ship and sail date in order to retain the higher amount.

526710_10151330722456397_108498639_n.png?oh=3b1f53f6657039e641bd54cedf956bda&oe=54C4B71F&__gda__=1422497683_382db1a1a51467e0568cabf70d324934

Royal Caribbean International - Thank you for your inquiry about our onboard bookings. Only very few circumstances may warrant the Onboard Credit to remain at the higher amount; however, this will be dependent on facts of the individual case, not which agent you speak with. We hope this clears up your concerns.

Just slightly different than what they told you when they initially made the change.:rolleyes:

I wonder what % of NCC's were being used in the spring once the new itineraries were released. That's how I used mine as I always book when the itineraries first come out.

Since not many are cruising at that time to be able to take advantage of the book a specific cruise and get the higher OBC I would bet that RCI saw this a a great opportunity target a whole group of cruisers (early bookers) and save a bundle in OBC knowing that most of those people would continue to book early despite the reduced OBC.

I wonder what % of NCC's were being used in the spring once the new itineraries were released. That's how I used mine as I always book when the itineraries first come out.

Since not many are cruising at that time to be able to take advantage of the book a specific cruise and get the higher OBC I would bet that RCI saw this a a great opportunity target a whole group of cruisers (early bookers) and save a bundle in OBC knowing that most of those people would continue to book early despite the reduced OBC.

Unfortunately, I think you are correct.

So it's going to actually work contrary to how everything works when you call RCI? Color me skeptical!

So it's going to actually work contrary to how everything works when you call RCI? Color me skeptical!

Exactly- my point when I posted on FB was that there should be a set policy (I know silly me) and NOT up to who answers the phone to determine whether or not to let you change without penalty.:rolleyes:

I think you will be able to get your new discount, but they will reprice your cruise to current rates. So you are fine as long as your price stays the same.

If they are actually doing this, then that really sucks!:mad:

It's like a penalty for being loyal. I hope they are not. For my recent cruise (booked with a next cruise certificate under the OLD rules) I got the increased balcony discount but my final confirmation still says I owe $25 (the difference between the Platinum and Emerald Balcony discounts for a 14 nt cruise). My TA assures me that I don't and royal issued me my docs , so I suppose I am paid in full. ;)

When I made final payment my cabin had gone up in price at least $1500

Edited by DKNYC

I love your idea Peggy, but there are many Pineapples that feel that RCI cares more about first time cruisers than those of us that are most loyal to them by booking more cruises in advance.

I am definitely not trying to defend the Bean-counters at Royal Caribbean, but you might be right because they know they've already "GOT" you Pineapples and are thus focusing more on the newbies now. Even when they cannot fill the ships they need new bookings, period. The "pineapples" have already booked several.

Denise