Excursions during New Years

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a quick question. We are looking at some excursions for our 12/27 10 night cruise on Grandeur this year. We normally book our excursions ahead of time but I know that many people do it on board. This cruise is pretty packed as I'd expect. Has anyone had experience with booking onboard during a holiday? I'd like to wait this year because our TA is giving OBC and we're getting another $200 for our shareholders' credit. We're not big drinkers so we don't really accumulate too many charges. Of course, we can always go through credit, but if I could spend it excursions, I'd rather do that. I'm just worried about waiting until we're on board. There are only three of us, not a large group. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a quick question. We are looking at some excursions for our 12/27 10 night cruise on Grandeur this year. We normally book our excursions ahead of time but I know that many people do it on board. This cruise is pretty packed as I'd expect. Has anyone had experience with booking onboard during a holiday? I'd like to wait this year because our TA is giving OBC and we're getting another $200 for our shareholders' credit. We're not big drinkers so we don't really accumulate too many charges. Of course, we can always go through credit, but if I could spend it excursions, I'd rather do that. I'm just worried about waiting until we're on board. There are only three of us, not a large group. Thanks in advance for your help!

I'd say - don't worry - you're not in a rush (you're on a cruise ) - just wait in line and book :)

Hi Everyone,

I just looked at your itinerary. I would not book a Royal Caribbean excursion in ANY of those ports, unless you are truly just trying to waste, er, use up your OBC.

Labadee = no excursion necessary, by a long shot. Now, if you wanted to use OBC here, get a massage on the hilltop. Great experience.

Falmouth = private excursion is the way to go in Jamaica.

Grand Cayman = private excursion is REALLY REALLY REALLY the way to go in GC.

Cozumel = private excursion is REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY the way to go in Cozumel.

Use the Ports of Call board to discover all of the recommended options.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

I have to be honest - we never even consider booking a private excursion because we're afraid some freak detail will cause us not to be back in time for boarding and the ship will leave without us. If it's RC sponsored, then they'll wait. It makes me too nervous. I know we want to go to Chankanaab in Cozumel. We did that 10 years ago and really enjoyed it. I'm more than happy to patiently wait in line on the ship. I'm just afraid that if I wait in line, all the spots will be booked...

I'm more than happy to patiently wait in line on the ship. I'm just afraid that if I wait in line, all the spots will be booked...

When are you planning on getting on the ship? If you check in earlier in the day, go immediately to Guest Services/Shore Excursion desks. If the Shore

Excursion desk is not open, Guest Services can tell you when it will be open on that day, and there will probably be a sign giving the hours of operation for the day as well. If it is not open until after you are able to get into your room, then book by using your television.

I have never seen the Excursion desk to be crowded on that very first day, as people are more looking to explore the ship and get unpacked and get a drink and be on the cruise.

Each of your ports has many excursion options, so it is highly unlikely that things will sell out on the first day, but book as soon as you can in person or using the television to give yourself the best chance to get the ones you want.