• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Embarkation Time

skybluewaters

Our first cruise on Crystal is coming up soon. For those of you who have experience I have a question. Our embarkation time in NYC is listed as 1pm. Is it reasonable for me to expect to make a Broadway matinee at 2pm? If embarkation were to actually start at noon I think it would be fine. If it starts at 1pm then it really doesn't seem feasible.

My husband isn't going to the matinee, just me. Worse comes to worse - he could check in at the normal time and I could check in after the play I guess. I'd be interested in opinions from those in the know.

Thank you.

I would have your TA find out what time embarkation will start. Sometimes it notes 1:00 PM and it really is 1:00 PM and other times it is Noon. They can easily find out for you.

If it is 1:00 PM you are going to be running tight to make it to the Matinee.

Keith

Our first cruise on Crystal is coming up soon. For those of you who have experience I have a question. Our embarkation time in NYC is listed as 1pm. Is it reasonable for me to expect to make a Broadway matinee at 2pm? If embarkation were to actually start at noon I think it would be fine. If it starts at 1pm then it really doesn't seem feasible.

My husband isn't going to the matinee, just me. Worse comes to worse - he could check in at the normal time and I could check in after the play I guess. I'd be interested in opinions from those in the know.

Thank you.

I was just on Symphony for 4222 and had the transfers from airport to ship but had the opportunity to meet a friend in Hamburg prior to the embarkation time so I left all my luggage with the transfer people, except passport & jewelry, which I transferred at the airport from carry on to purse, and left for a long afternoon of sightseeing. Did not get to the ship till nearly 5 pm and there were still many crew ready and waiting to check in late arrivers and all my luggage was waiting for me in the room. It could not have been more convenient!

Our embarkation time in Halifax is noon. The ship is scheduled to dock at 7:30 am, and no one is disembarking as this is a getaway cruise that is joining a cruise that started a couple of days before. If we come by the ship 9:00-ish, will we be able to leave our bags with someone while we go explore Halifax?

Our embarkation time in Halifax is noon. The ship is scheduled to dock at 7:30 am' date=' and no one is disembarking as this is a getaway cruise that is joining a cruise that started a couple of days before. If we come by the ship 9:00-ish, will we be able to leave our bags with someone while we go explore Halifax?[/quote']

This scenario is somewhat different from what I experienced as I had air and transfers included and everyone on inbound flights the morning I arrived were taken from Hamburg airport to Hotel Atlantic Kempinski to await further transfer to the Symphony. With that being said I relinquished my luggage at the airport to transfer staff so I don't know where it was actually held, hotel, ship, or both, until I caught up with it at 5 pm. As it sounds like you have arranged your own travel I think it becomes more complicated...

Our embarkation time in Halifax is noon. The ship is scheduled to dock at 7:30 am' date=' and no one is disembarking as this is a getaway cruise that is joining a cruise that started a couple of days before. If we come by the ship 9:00-ish, will we be able to leave our bags with someone while we go explore Halifax?[/quote']

You can leave checked bags with the porter, but would need to keep valuables, etc, with you.

Keith