Luggage direct to airport

Cruisin 4 Ever

I thought I had heard something about Carnival shipping your luggage tot he airport for a fee. We are flying home with Southwest from FLL and would prefer not to go straight to the airport as we have a later afternoon flight.. Anyone know about this?

The program is called Luggage Express but I've never sailed from FLL so I don't know if it's offered there.

I've done it in the past and it was a great program, not having to do all the check in stuff. You even get your boarding passes so you go straight to your gate.

Having said that, since Southwest doesn't let you print boarding passes until 24 hours before your flight, I'm not sure that they participate in the program.

I believe it is offered from FLL and Southwest does participate. The info is available on the Carnival website.

We will know for sure in just over two weeks! Woo hoo!

oops...memory is coming back. I am pretty sure the one time we used luggage express was on the Freedom sailing and flying from FLL on Southwest and it went very smoothly.

I have done it through Fort Lauderdale and on Southwest. It was fantastic, not having to worry about finding your bag in the terminal and then lugging it out for a taxi and checking it. We had a later flight and there was a chance that when we got to the airport we might have been too early to check it and would have been stuck waiting with it.

The only tricky part we had was trying to figure out what we needed to leave out for the next morning...we wouldn't be seeing our bag again so we needed to make sure we didn't have any liquids or anything that we wouldn't be able to carry on the plane. It cost $20 a few years ago, worth every penny.

Do you sign up for this service while on the ship or can you do it beforehand? Sounds like something we will really enjoy -- not lugging stuff around for 6 hours waiting for our plane to leave!

Yes, on the ship you fill out the forms and take them to GS. The forms are in your room sometime, can't remember if it's day 1 or later. They will print out your boarding passes and deliver to your room last day of cruise. They will charge the fee to your SS card along with any baggage fee the airline charges.

Edited by kona_wahine